Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:49:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like it sits to low. In the picture on page one, the thing is mounted on a SIR and just barely clears the ARMS 40. That being the case, without the SIR in place it wouldn't clear the BUIS. That is it wouldn't be high enough and you would have to push it forward or do without a BUIS.

That would also mean that it won't co-witness. Am I correct on all this? If so do they have or plan to have different mounts to accomodate that kind of thing? (Making it lower for carry handles or higher for flat-tops?)

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#3]
With my fixed front sight the dot is on the (fuzzy) top of the front sight... it would be nice to have a flip up front sight though....

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If anyone would like to test one and give us feedback would be willing to give them a very good discount.  We would like to get the opinion others.  We have got one-person’s feedback and they were ecstatic about it.  If you do not like it we would take it back for a full refund.  

The CQB reticle may look busy but when you actually use you will see how nice it is.  The reticle is quite good.  

I like Leupold we even stock Leupold.  The IOR 3X25 QR-TS has it positives like the Leupold CQT has is positives.  The IOR QR-TS is smaller, lighter, and I like the reticle better.  

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

e-mail sent
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I sell a lot of these scopes through my business building custom LE  AR`s and I can tell you they are the clearest toughest scopes going, once you use a few IOR scopes ang get used to them most of you will not use any other. One little test I do at shows and for customers is take a 2.5x10x42 and literaly pound it on the table till the sun shade bends and let them look through it so they can see no reticle shift and then we test shoot it if we are at a range and show no bzo shift. now I chalenge any of you to take a competitors scope and do the same.

Red
XRING PRECISION RIFLES
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:43:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I sell a lot of these scopes through my business building custom LE  AR`s and I can tell you they are the clearest toughest scopes going, once you use a few IOR scopes ang get used to them most of you will not use any other. One little test I do at shows and for customers is take a 2.5x10x42 and literaly pound it on the table till the sun shade bends and let them look through it so they can see no reticle shift and then we test shoot it if we are at a range and show no bzo shift. now I chalenge any of you to take a competitors scope and do the same.

Red
XRING PRECISION RIFLES

US Optics.....but they're a bit more expensive....

I agree, IOR makes some good scopes- I'm looking forward to putting this through it's paces

-Roth
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Just a couple things to add...

"If the reticle is not BRIGHT during broad daylight it cant be used BAC style and there fore because its fixed power it is USELESS as a CQB optic."

The IOR line of scopes, including the 3x25 QR-TS,  do not need to bring in any extra light (BAC STYLE) due to the fact that their lens coatings are THE BEST IN THE WORLD. That's a mighty statement, but its true. The IOR MC-7 MULTICOAT WIDE BAND Lens coatings were developed by Zeiss's tactical division, HENSOLDT, which MAXIMIZE light transmission (In IOR's binoculars its 99.9% UNMATCHED BY ANY OTHER) and ELIMINATE negative detractors such as Glare, Haze, Vapor, etc...Therefore in such conditions Ilumination and EXTRA light gathering is barely even required,  due to IOR's combination of THE BEST GLASS IN THE WORLD COUPLED WITH THE BEST LENS COATINGS IN THE WORLD, it renders a BAC system almost useless. IOR doesnt need the extra collection of ambient light to enhance light transmission. The illumination in the reticle is plenty bright for most applications and would easily be seen even the brightest conditions.....
           If they went with the 4 power, FIRST it would detract from overall clarity a bit, and  SECOND the operating field of view would also be decreased. Both of those adjustments INCREASE the operational capability of this piece, and by using simply a 3x magnification. It has much better technical ability at these specs then some other configurations, Including a Variable power where more glass is needed adding to the further loss of light and overall performance.

As far as Romanian craftsmanship well....If anyone remembers the ZEISS-JENA's symbol, they will notice, it is the same as IOR's symbol(NO COINCEDENCE) its the same factory and company so to speak, and for years ZEISS-JENA WAS THE BEST IN THE WORLD FOR CRAFTSMANSHIP which all came out of IOR Bucuresti.

Thanks again for your time, hope this has helped.

USAOPTICS
WWW.USAOPTICS.NET
EMAIL: [email protected]
TOLL-FREE: 1-877-808-8886
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#10]
BAC has NOTHING to do with the amount of light transmitted.  IN fact using a scope BAC is accomplished the easiest with the objective CLOSED and NO LIGHT TRANSMISSION AT ALL.

BAC is where you use the BRIGHTLY LIT RETICLE of a magnified optic and superimpose that image over the non dominant eyes's unmagnifed view and use that imagae as a kind of occluded eye gunsight  with 1X magnification.  THis cant be accomplised if the reticle is not VERY BRIGHT.

THis scope has no 1X setting.  THis scope has no reticle bright enough to be used BAC style.  THere fore it is useless as a CQB optic unless you mount an additional sight like the Dr. Optic on the scope itself (like the TA01NSN + Dr Optic combo) and then you are no longer looking at this scope as a cost saving option but rather as a direct competitor for the TA01NSN... not the BAC series of scopes like the TA31.

If the reticle were brighter on IOR scopes I would HIGHLY consider the purcase of this optic.  If that changes in the future I will certainly be buying ths scope or the 1.1-4X scope.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#11]
DEVL...I see what you are talking about with the BAC that is used EXCLUSIVLY with Trijicon products..............WHEN TESTED the IOR 3x25 reticle is only not visiable when illuminated at 12PM HIGH NOON in BRIGHT SUNLIGHT, however if you are indoors for a SWAT style intrusion at that time there are no problems with the brightness. The IOR is still designed for SWAT Style Close Quarters(room intrusions) situations with the ability then to cover yardage with the same optics due to its eye relief of 3-4''.

I have heard that in some cases people actually cover that up due to it being too bright is that true with the BAC?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#12]
you can use this as an occluded (spelling?) gunsight... You close the objective cover- turn on the reticle and it works in bright sun... as I type this i'm sitting here doing just that... It is bright enough

-Roth
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Agreed, I can take it and look a few degrees away from the sun and it would operate fine, however, and this is straight from our testers and verifed by the importer. IT IS ONLY IN THIS SMALL TIME RANGE at or around top peak in the sun's mid-day stretch and in SUCH SUNNY conditions to cause it but it does happen.......also, we just received 3mm hex keys for the rails to make them removable, There are 3 small hex key screws on the underbelly of the rail.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]
 The illumination on the 3x cqt, must be much brighter than my 1.1-4x cqt, I can't see any illum in bright daylight.
 No prob as the horseshoe in middle gives me ability to shoot both eyes open as I would with a red-dot sight.
 I don't see the love affair with ACOG's and other 3x-4x fixed magnification scopes.  I like the variable power, with 1x or 1.5x at most, for lowest power.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#15]
USA_OPTICS -

BAD FORM!  

You didn't get C4iGrant's hint either?  Start your OWN damn thread about the IOR.  Sure, you're pretending to be "helping" by answering questions, but I don't think Mike needed any help.  Bug off!

Also...

We are new here at AR15.com and will be glad to help with any IOR questions.

Does that mean you're an advertising Dealer at ARFCOM?  

Wanna know how Mike, Grant, Wes, Steve, and all the other Dealers here got our respect?  By giving respect.  

I hope you are an advertiser here at ARFCOM, and that you stick around for a long time and get in tight with everyone, etc... But you're not off to a very good start.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#17]
If I could ask a few questions about the optic...

Is the eye relief really 3.5"?  I had a M2 4x24 and it advertised a 3" eye relief but it always seemed like I had to have my shooting glasses right up against that thing.  I won't buy an ACOG or compact ACOG because I jsut prefer to have some eye relief and I just can't shell out that much for a TA11.

If mounted directly to the flattop, I assume the front sight post will not be in the FOV?

Thanks  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I order one ( IOR 3X25 QR-TS) for my FAL carbine. I will post pics of the scope once mounted.  Ordering from CS (Mike) was great. The order shipped out the same day.

ct602
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just a couple things to add...

"If the reticle is not BRIGHT during broad daylight it cant be used BAC style and there fore because its fixed power it is USELESS as a CQB optic."

The IOR line of scopes, including the 3x25 QR-TS,  do not need to bring in any extra light (BAC STYLE) due to the fact that their lens coatings are THE BEST IN THE WORLD. That's a mighty statement, but its true. The IOR MC-7 MULTICOAT WIDE BAND Lens coatings were developed by Zeiss's tactical division, HENSOLDT, which MAXIMIZE light transmission (In IOR's binoculars its 99.9% UNMATCHED BY ANY OTHER) and ELIMINATE negative detractors such as Glare, Haze, Vapor, etc...Therefore in such conditions Ilumination and EXTRA light gathering is barely even required,  due to IOR's combination of THE BEST GLASS IN THE WORLD COUPLED WITH THE BEST LENS COATINGS IN THE WORLD, it renders a BAC system almost useless. IOR doesnt need the extra collection of ambient light to enhance light transmission. The illumination in the reticle is plenty bright for most applications and would easily be seen even the brightest conditions.....
           If they went with the 4 power, FIRST it would detract from overall clarity a bit, and  SECOND the operating field of view would also be decreased. Both of those adjustments INCREASE the operational capability of this piece, and by using simply a 3x magnification. It has much better technical ability at these specs then some other configurations, Including a Variable power where more glass is needed adding to the further loss of light and overall performance.

As far as Romanian craftsmanship well....If anyone remembers the ZEISS-JENA's symbol, they will notice, it is the same as IOR's symbol(NO COINCEDENCE) its the same factory and company so to speak, and for years ZEISS-JENA WAS THE BEST IN THE WORLD FOR CRAFTSMANSHIP which all came out of IOR Bucuresti.

Thanks again for your time, hope this has helped.

USAOPTICS
WWW.USAOPTICS.NET
TOLL-FREE: 1-877-808-8886

I guess you missed my post above about commenting on a thread that a PAYING DEALER started! It is generally considered rude to do what your are doing. You are also a NON-Paying dealer getting free advertising on here while the rest of us pay. Mike at CSGW is to nice to comment on what your doing, but I am NOT. If you want to help people with their IOR questions, start your own thread....

C4

www.gandrtactical.com

You should lay off this guy, since this is not a EE ad but a informative ad about the IOR....I understand that the dealers here pay a lot of money to be able to sell their products, but let me tell you that I know for a FACT that Mike has went to other websites where he is not a paying DEALER and pushed his company.  Does this make him a bad guy HELL NO!  As someone here said that you need to give respect to get, well they are right!  Plus you are not a Moderator, and its not you place to police the NON PAYING DEALERS!  Since you'd be quite busy, since we both know their are a lot of them doing quite a bit of business here with out paying.

Please this is just my Opinion and I'm not trying to pick a fight. I just think its unfair, since this is a discussion forum and not the EE!

Bigant
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#22]
OK THAT IS IT............ FIRST OFF, BOTH CSGUNWORKS AND GRANT,  DO NOT DESERVE A RESPONSE, THIS IS NOW FOR EVERYONE ELSE. I ONLY COMMENTED IN THIS THREAD TO HELP INFORM THE FOLKS HERE ABOUT IOR SCOPES AND PETICULARLY ABOUT THEIR QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS FASCINATING NEW SCOPE!  
THE FIRST GENTLEMAN (well that still to be determined), I WILL NOT EVEN DIGNIFY HIM WITH A RESPONSE, IN FACT ALL OF WHAT HE SAID IS A TOTAL CONTRADICTION. LOOK AT THE END OF EVERYONE OF HIS POSTS, ADVERTISING HIS SITE IN A POPULAR THREAD, NOT EVEN COMMENTING ON THESE SCOPES and JUST BLASTING PEOPLE FOR HELPING OUT....GOOD FORM SIR, EVERYONE GO AND BUY SOMETHING FROM THIS GUY HE WAS RUDE AND INSTEAD OF BEING CHILDISH BACK I WILL NOT DIGNIFY HIM WITH A RESPONSE, PLEASE..lol!!!

AS FOR MIKE YOU MAY KNOW AR15's HOWEVER YOUR OPTICS AND GRAMMER KNOWLEDGE NEED A LITTLE WORK, I am finished being nice to those who continue to show no respect even after we tried to just MOVE ONE and help better inform the public to IOR. I am surprised at the fact that both of you fine gentleman would even behave in such a manner, On such a wonderful forum.
I was not cutting his price or advertising his small section of products just answering a few questions.....BUT NOW I WILL. We will not only be a DEALER HERE, BUT A MAJOR COMPANY THAT REPRESENTS SOME OF THE FINEST OPTICS ON THE PLANETand WE WILL CONTINUE TO REPRESENT THAT COMPANY IN THE MATTER IN WHICH IT AND THE PUBLIC DESERVES. Not in a childish, immature, arrogant and QUITE UNPROFESSIONAL manner as we have seen thus far here. We will also have a banner ad, we will have our own link in the industry section and will further help out in the scopes and optics section of this forum. We are not just a little old dealer gentleman, that have a few things and a little store!

I will NOW offer anyone, any IOR scope cheaper and include  free shipping, our normal discount on rings with a scope purchase, and the fact of knowing we have these scopes almost down to a science. I sell more IOR then anyone in the country and as EAST COAST MASTER DISTRIBUTOR THAT STOCKS THE ENTIRE LINE(not just 3 or four pieces) I can guarantee that any customer would be greatly benefited by purchasing their IOR products from us due to our endless customer service and overall ability to help with your needs. This will be our last post in this forum WE WILL BE STARTING A NEW THREAD, because we will not allow ourselves, our company, or OUR PRODUCTS to be asscoicated with these people. I also hope that AR15-ers see this behavior and ask yourselves.... is this someone I want to do business with?

Thanks again for your time and please in no way associate IOR products with the childish behavior you have seen here.

Richard Augat, USAOPTICS
WWW.USAOPTICS.NET-----IOR EAST COAST MASTER DISTRIBUTOR
TOLL-FREE: 1_877_808_8886
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
OK THAT IS IT............ FIRST OFF, BOTH CSGUNWORKS AND GRANT,  DO NOT DESERVE A RESPONSE, THIS IS NOW FOR EVERYONE ELSE. I ONLY COMMENTED IN THIS THREAD TO HELP INFORM THE FOLKS HERE ABOUT IOR SCOPES AND PETICULARLY ABOUT THEIR QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS FASCINATING NEW SCOPE!  
THE FIRST GENTLEMAN (well that still to be determined), I WILL NOT EVEN DIGNIFY HIM WITH A RESPONSE, IN FACT ALL OF WHAT HE SAID IS A TOTAL CONTRADICTION. LOOK AT THE END OF EVERYONE OF HIS POSTS, ADVERTISING HIS SITE IN A POPULAR THREAD, NOT EVEN COMMENTING ON THESE SCOPES and JUST BLASTING PEOPLE FOR HELPING OUT....GOOD FORM SIR, EVERYONE GO AND BUY SOMETHING FROM THIS GUY HE WAS RUDE AND INSTEAD OF BEING CHILDISH BACK I WILL NOT DIGNIFY HIM WITH A RESPONSE, PLEASE..lol!!!

AS FOR MIKE YOU MAY KNOW AR15's HOWEVER YOUR OPTICS AND GRAMMER KNOWLEDGE NEED A LITTLE WORK, I am finished being nice to those who continue to show no respect even after we tried to just MOVE ONE and help better inform the public to IOR. I am surprised at the fact that both of you fine gentleman would even behave in such a manner, On such a wonderful forum.
I was not cutting his price or advertising his small section of products just answering a few questions.....BUT NOW I WILL. We will not only be a DEALER HERE, BUT A MAJOR COMPANY THAT REPRESENTS SOME OF THE FINEST OPTICS ON THE PLANETand WE WILL CONTINUE TO REPRESENT THAT COMPANY IN THE MATTER IN WHICH IT AND THE PUBLIC DESERVES. Not in a childish, immature, arrogant and QUITE UNPROFESSIONAL manner as we have seen thus far here. We will also have a banner ad, we will have our own link in the industry section and will further help out in the scopes and optics section of this forum. We are not just a little old dealer gentleman, that have a few things and a little store!

I will NOW offer anyone, any IOR scope cheaper and include  free shipping, our normal discount on rings with a scope purchase, and the fact of knowing we have these scopes almost down to a science. I sell more IOR then anyone in the country and as EAST COAST MASTER DISTRIBUTOR THAT STOCKS THE ENTIRE LINE(not just 3 or four pieces) I can guarantee that any customer would be greatly benefited by purchasing their IOR products from us due to our endless customer service and overall ability to help with your needs. This will be our last post in this forum WE WILL BE STARTING A NEW THREAD, because we will not allow ourselves, our company, or OUR PRODUCTS to be asscoicated with these people. I also hope that AR15-ers see this behavior and ask yourselves.... is this someone I want to do business with?

Thanks again for your time and please in no way associate IOR products with the childish behavior you have seen here.

Richard Augat, USAOPTICS
WWW.USAOPTICS.NET-----IOR EAST COAST MASTER DISTRIBUTOR
TOLL-FREE: 1_877_808_8886

Way to go Brother!

Mike that number is my cell phone! So if you need to contact me about something feel free to call me.  I live on EST and I'm go to my job at DCX M-F 8-4:30 and by the way the Name SCOPE US OUT is a little thing I do on the side to help supplement my Gun buying, Hunting and what ever I want.  

Yes you might be a contributor to 3 sites but we both know that you have crossed the line's before on another site, before being a contributor!  To bad Grant and a couple others had to take this off topic, since I wanted to hear about them since I'm intrigued, but finacially not able to get one at this time! But if I do I think US OPTICS will get my business!

Bigant
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:27:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:33:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It looks like it sits to low. In the picture on page one, the thing is mounted on a SIR and just barely clears the ARMS 40. That being the case, without the SIR in place it wouldn't clear the BUIS. That is it wouldn't be high enough and you would have to push it forward or do without a BUIS.

That would also mean that it won't co-witness. Am I correct on all this? If so do they have or plan to have different mounts to accomodate that kind of thing? (Making it lower for carry handles or higher for flat-tops?)

So does it sit to low?

IBTL
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#27]
well here are some quick pics I took this weekend.... please excuse the fact that it's not on an AR-15 or an M4......

-Roth
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Very nice pics...I should have mine  Tuesday night! I will mount onto my Fal carbine and post pictures.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I can clearly see in that last pic that the come ups are backwards.  What is up with Euro backward turning knobs?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Very nice pics...I should have mine  Tuesday night! I will mount onto my Fal carbine and post pictures.

The scope came in today. I have mounted on my FAL. The scope is very nice. The glass is very crisp and bright. The retical is very clean. I am very happy so far .I will have to sight this bad boy in sometime in the next few weeks. CS gunworks took good care of me.  Thanks Mike C.

ct602

On Fal

AR and FAL. Compact ACOG 3X  and IOR 3X

AR and FAL again

Attemp to capture the reticle (Illumination on)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Have any of you guys who have started to use this optic had a chance to run it through its paces yet?  I am pretty interested in this one and I was wondering how they are holding up.  I know that IOR builds a quality scope but I was wondering specifically about:

How is the reticle for CQB?
How is the eye relief compared to an ACOG?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got myself a new digi cam.... so I'll have tons of pics up soon

I'll also be going to the range finally on tuesday- so I can get it mounted and sighted in... Then I'll start doing some tests in the "real world" (aka not at the range).... I should know by next weekend how it's looking...

Roth
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You should lay off this guy, since this is not a EE ad but a informative ad about the IOR....I understand that the dealers here pay a lot of money to be able to sell their products, but let me tell you that I know for a FACT that Mike has went to other websites where he is not a paying DEALER and pushed his company.  Does this make him a bad guy HELL NO!  As someone here said that you need to give respect to get, well they are right!  Plus you are not a Moderator, and its not you place to police the NON PAYING DEALERS!  Since you'd be quite busy, since we both know their are a lot of them doing quite a bit of business here with out paying.

Please this is just my Opinion and I'm not trying to pick a fight. I just think its unfair, since this is a discussion forum and not the EE!

Bigant

Bigant, We at AR15.com are not just another website. We police our own. It is against AR15.com policy to do what USA Optics did and should be called on it. Please read www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=1  
This will explain what Dealer status means.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top