Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What about those of us who don't have 6 figure incomes? Are we allowed to buy less expensive optics or do we have to get the names to be uber-leet ARfers?

Sniff, sniff.
Your "allowed" to do whatever you like. and buy whatever you like.
There's a difference between less expensive and outright copying.
I don't have a 6 figure income.
My income, actually spending money, is further decreased by family/children costs.
Try the thing called budgeting. Skip the fast food, movies, etc., and before you know it you may be able to afford something better than copied crap.
Face it. The Hakko is a knock-off. Some companies thrive off the efforts of others.
I personelly don't like contributing to that.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
So, I should have bought Colt instead of a RRA because it is just a knock off?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#3]
DM1975,
Since you care to bring up manufactuers of rifles as an example, have you given any thought as to the legal processes that enabled different companies to produce the same type of rifles?
Did different manufactuers say "Screw Stoner, Armalite, whoever. We're going to build the same rifle!"? Do past moneys/contracts come to mind?

Here's an example:
LaRue stuff is the hot thing now for sights and mounts.
Some Asian company starts making exact copies of LaRue products, or products close to it, for under half price.
Do you think LaRue would be p.o.'d?
Would you buy the Asian product?

Say it and practice it:
Thanks for your effort and development, Aimpoint. But, being the cheapwad I am, I'll give Hakko(or whoever) the reward.  

Some people deserve the cheap crap and future third world country they buy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
dadman,

I agree with you thoughts, but please drop it.  We went through ALL this in detail about a month ago.  The boards were a mess with locked Tacpoint threads, many members were banned, tensions were high.

The LAST thing we need to do is rekindle the flame.  Just let them buy what they want to buy.  If you search back about a month or so, you can real all the threads (at least the ones that weren't deleted).
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Consider it dropped. Didn't hurt to try.
Wasn't aware of previous discussions.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top