Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/18/2003 6:19:16 AM EDT
Have a dpms artic panther & a leupold 2-7 vx2 ordered. Can i use the extra high milletts or could i end up too close to the scope and need a mount to set everything forward? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:09:13 AM EDT
The Picatinny rail on a flat-top may not let you mount the scope far enough forward for a comfortable position, especially in prone. I use an extended riser (1/2" high) made by Accuracy Speaks (available direct or from Brownell's) combined with standard-height rings. There's now a similar one available from Compass Lake Engineering. This gives me an extra 4" of rail and lets me mount a Leupold 6.5-20x50 LRT (a rather long scope) and gives me the option for an extra 15' of built-in elevation for long range work. I'm using Wiegand Combat rings (available from Brownell's) - they were inexpensive and work well, even though they don't have the macho look many seem to like.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:02:58 AM EDT
If you like the KISS approach, go with the Armalite one piece mount. The only possible drawback is they are a little low but it will give you the forward offset needed for medium to long scopes. --RR [img]http://www.armalite.com/shared/images/armalite_scope_mount.gif[/img]
Top Top