I got this e-mail today:
We’re introducing a new line of scopes that’s the sum total of everything we’ve learned in nearly 100 years of working with optics. Quite simply, these riflescopes will outshine and outperform nearly every scope on earth...they had to, if they were going to replace the famous Vari-X® III line, the scopes that helped to make Leupold a legend.
It’s the new Leupold® Golden Ring® VX-III, a completely new riflescope line that incorporates new materials, exciting new and exclusive technology, and of course, 100 years of our expertise. We pushed the envelope in every direction... structural design, optics, construction...to give you a better scope, one that’s a worthy replacement for the Vari-X III. Everything you demand from an American-made scope, such as legendary Leupold ruggedness, absolute waterproof integrity, and the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee is there, but it’s the new refinements that make the VX-III the most exciting Leupold in years.
New VX-III features include:
• Finger-adjustable windage and elevation dials with resettable pointer dials, marking the zero point.
• Three illuminated models provide the reticle-to-target contrast you need when hunting in low light.
• Fast-focus eyepiece on all models. Models without the illuminated reticle have a lockable, fast-focus eyepiece so you can securely lock the eyepiece once you’ve set your reticle focus.
• Side focus parallax adjustment is available on many models, so you can easily focus from any shooting position.
• All side focus models have 30mm maintube with increased elevation and windage adjustments (up to 80 minutes of range on some models).
• VX-III Duplex Rangefinding System. Select models of VX-III are equipped with the Duplex rangefinding system.
• Index Matched Lens System™ on VX-III Riflescopes. Leupold users know that for a bright, crisp sight picture with good contrast in all light conditions, proper light management and maximum light transmission is absolutely critical. New for 2004, Leupold’s new VX-III riflescopes will feature the Index Matched Lens System, greatly improving upon what was already impeccable light management. Some of the new VX-III riflescopes have measured as high as 98 percent TOTAL light transmission, which means you’ll get brightness and clarity like you’ve never seen before.
• Boone and Crockett™ Big Game and Varmint Hunter’s Ballistic Aiming Systems. These exciting new reticles, a VX-III exclusive, will make long-range accuracy and range estimating easy to master. Each reticle features multiple aiming points for long ranges and windy conditions. Two power selector settings provide a quick and easy way to set the aiming points to match your ballistics.
• Legendary Leupold ruggedness and absolute waterproof and fog proof integrity.
• Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee — the best consumer protection you’ll find anywhere.
• Made in the U.S.A.
The new Leupold Golden Ring VX-III product line will be available in early January 2004 at your local Leupold Authorized Golden Ring® Dealer. To find a dealer near you, call 800.929.4949 or visit our Online Dealer Locator at www.leupold.com.
<font size=1>I don't want to spend the rest of my life
Looking at the barrel of an Armalite</font id=s1>