Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2003 2:01:55 AM EDT
I saw someone do this in the thread with all the recticle pics in it.  I was wondering if when having an Aimpoint sitting right in front of an ACOG, would it be visible through the ACOG at all?  I want to do this so i can just get an ARMS throw lever and pop off my ACOG for close in shooting, but might not if the Aimpoint at all interferes with the ACOG's field of view.

Digital
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:16:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Itcuts down on some of the light gathered by the ACOG but it is functional.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I posted the M2+TA01NSN reticle pic.  I've since seperated the scopes, because I needed to put an optic on another rifle.
It doesn't reduce the FOV of the ACOG, as new-arguy said it cuts the light gathering capabilities some, the view through the combo is a little blue from the Aimpoint.  If you want to do this, it's far easier if you don't put a BUIS behind the ACOG.  I was able to get a KAC 300M, ARMS 19S, AND a KAC cantilever mount to all fit on the receiver by using a KAC FF RAS and shaving inner right of the KAC Aimpoint mount (otherwise it'd have contact with the KAC FF RAS barrel nut and offset the windage), but if you're lucky, your Aimpoint mount may be perfectly aligned without any mods to either the nut or mount.

If you have a rigid rail handguard, you can reverse the Aimpoint mount and put it on the handguard as well.
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/ped35f040c09d66328328b8d26d704d67/fb1deba7.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you have a rigid rail handguard, you can reverse the Aimpoint mount and put it on the handguard as well.
View Quote

Like so! Dang, that sure is a blurry pic... sorry
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pa2150ddd3a5cc1e961672915d0875c40/fb21ccdd.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would you want to do this when you can have them each on throw lever mounts and swap them at will?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Please enlighten me why you do that by putting two high quality scopes on a single upper. Why don't you simply get a TA31 to serve you with less money and less weight.

IMHO, AR is a weapon. You should treat it as such. I will do everything to make it effective rather than attractive.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
As I said, you could do this if you already have these two scopes and want to emulate the functionalities of a TA11 or TA31.  If someone's starting from scratch, there'd be no need for this expensive compromise.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Right, I agree. I would not build a gun from scratch and put the two together. I'd just get a TA31 or TA11 to begin with. I had a TAO1nsn on this gun for the longest time, but rarely shot it because I didnt find the TAO1 series reticle very useful for the particular type shooting I most often do (closer range). So I put the extra Aimpoint I had on it next. So then I had a TAO1nsn I wasnt using. So for an investment of about $23 towards a cantilever spacer, I put the two together and it isnt bad. I like BAC ACOGs better, but this isnt terrible.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top