Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/28/2003 4:12:11 PM EDT
I just started looking into these. The TA01NSN to be specific.

Here's what their page says
"the reticle
bullet drop compensator and range finding stadia lines are based on
the trajectory of the 62 grain bullet from a 16 inch barrel"

Now I can't seem to find anybody who's actually tried one so I bring it here hoping for the best. How accurate can that be? My deal is the longest range around me is only 100yrd. The way I'm reading if I sight that in at 100yrd it will remain accurate at 200, and 300. Is this right?

Also the carry handle mount, how does that work? I've gone through 2 carry handle mounts on my old AR. One cheap one that I found that was terrible, and one ARMS mount which works well but I had to loctite it.

Do they hold well? I read on Bushmaster's site that it's a 1 or 2 screw setup and the 2nd screw was optional which confused me.

sorry that got so long but anybody have experience with these?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:28:31 PM EDT
The carry handle mount is built into the housing of the sight, just drop it in carry handle and tighten the bolt up, std. issue. The zero is as described. Jack
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:08:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/7/2003 6:14:02 AM EDT by bsbg]
Tha ACOG BDC's work well. Sight it in at 100 as directed and you are good to go. There is a thread tacked at the top which outlines the zeroing procedure if your barrel / bullet combo is different than stated. The two hole mount is more secure, but you have to drill and extra hole in your carry handle. No big deal for the peace of mind it offers.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:26:23 AM EDT
Where is the thread you referred to about zeroing with differencebarrel and bullet combo? Thanks
Originally Posted By bsbg: Tha ACOG BDC's work well. Sight it in at 100 as directed and you are good to go. There is a thread tacked at the top which outlines the zeroing procedure if your barrel / bullet combo is different than stated. The two hole mount is more secure, but you have to drill and extra hole in your carry handle. No big deal for the peace of mind it offers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:31:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ttusus: Where is the thread you referred to about zeroing with differencebarrel and bullet combo? Thanks
View Quote
] Tacked at the top of the page: [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=152794]Big ACOG BDC Chart[/url]
Top Top