Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 8:04:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2003 8:06:34 AM EDT by jimmybcool]
Hi all. I am deciding on optics and sling for a project. The rifle is a carbine length SP1 conversion. See picture.

I am considering two options.

Option 1) EOTech. I am considering the EOTech 552 Rev E with the new battery option. I would also install an ARMs #40 BUIS. I would like these to co-witness. I don't know what if any mount I need to get with the EOTech as it "seems" to mount directly to a Weaver style rail as is.

Questions -

a) Do I need an additional mount for the EOTech? If so, which one.

b) Will the ARMs 40 and EOTech cowitness and do I need to change the front sight post?

Option 2) Aimpoint. I am considering an Aimpoint ML2 with 4 MOA dot and ARMs #40 BUIS. Pretty much want the same as above with cowitness etc.

Questions -

a) Which mount for the Aimpoint for cowitness (I prefer ARMs and probably will want the 22M68). Does this cowitness?

I also want a simple usable sling. Nothing complicated, just holds the rifle in a ready position. Suggestions?

Also, best advice on purchasing this stuff.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:02:29 AM EDT
what is wrong with the sight you hsve on it now?? If you do not want it I maybe want to buy it from from you. I used both sights and like the EOtech over the Aimpoint. The only thing was a shot aimpoint on a M-4 and the Eotech off of a mp5.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:09:39 AM EDT
With regard to the EOtech, it has a built in mount that puts it at the perfect height to cowitness with an ARMS40. I have this combo on my carbine and if I put my nose to the charging handle I'm looking though the ARMS40 and the EOtech's 1 MOA center dot is right on top of the front sight post - perfect cowitness.
Top Top