Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 4:02:08 PM EDT
went to range today and couldnt get my iron sights to hit at 100 yards. im using a knights freefloat tube mounted front sight and 600 meter knights rear sight but noticed that 2 was the lowest the rear sight would go. rifle was shooting high above the target when aiming at the center of the paper. any ideas thanks the arms 40 pri combo on my other rifle was dead on.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You have it mounted on the receiver, right?
Did you adjust the front sight bead?
Jack
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
yes its mounted to the receiver. which direction should the front sight go clockwise if so it was at the bottom. let me know thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, lets first find out what type weapon you have, rifle, carbine, made by whom?
Jack
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
yes its mounted to the receiver. which direction should the front sight go clockwise if so it was at the bottom. let me know thanks
View Quote
It sounds like you may be making a common mistake when adjusting the front sight for elevation. When you do this, you have to remeber to adjust the front sight opposite of the intended direction of impact (move the front sight UP [counter-clockwise]to move impact down). Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#5]
On the barrel of the KAC 600m you'll find a [b]Z[/b] setting in between [b]3[/b] & [b]4[/b].  This setting is used to sight the weapon in at [u]25m[/u].  Then you turn it back down to [b]2[/b] & leave it there (unless, of course, you're taking a shot at a longer range.  Hope this helps, too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
The reason I asked what type weapon and what maker, was to see if you have a carbine model that has the notoriously too short Bushmaster front sight housing on it. That can cause high elevation hit problems.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#7]
the upper is a flat top bushmaster with knights rifle length free float tube and compass lake kreiger spr barrel. the front sight is on the ff tube. thanks for the help will try the 25 meter zero and play with the front sight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top