Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2003 3:28:42 PM EDT
The ones I've looked thru had good glass. The Hakko's had either AR-15, or ring mounts. I'm pretty sure they also sold a BDC in .308 that could be installed in addition to the .223 BDC. They also had a range finding reticle, and a "window" on top of the scope to aid in illumination under low light circumstances.

I have no problems with my Colt short scope. I believe that for a while they also came with a range finding reticle.

Now, the only short scopes are cheap Chinese, (I'm awaiting a Sarco order for a variable power short scope), or very expensive ACOG's.

During Desert Storm 1, new Hakko's were selling in Shotgun News for as low as $150! I kick myself for being too poor back then to buy one!

Why the heck did these guys stop production of these scopes? I really didn't want to buy the Chi-com, but the ACOG's are cost prohibitive, and without a removable BDC, can't be installed on other rifles.

I contacted Hakko/Japan, and confirmed they no longer make the short scopes.

I remember soldiers photographed protecting Schwartzcopf, had these on their rifles. Any ideas as to why the manufacturers of quality no longer make these?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the same question I was going to ask in this forum. I would think there is an untapped market for this type of scope for those with a carry handle. Not everyone like myself can justify the cost of an ACOG.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out my post [url=http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=167895&w=myTopicPop]here.[/url]

When I saw this guy at the gun show he had a banged up Elbit Falcon for $195, a Colt 4x20, and two of the Nightforce scopes on which he had dropped the price to $300. One of the Nightforce scopes had a dirt speck on the lens inside and in focus, and when I talked to Nightforce, they said the warranty was one year. He's a dealer and got them from a distributor so you could argue with Nightforce that you bought it "new".

As I recall, the Colt had a .223 BDC and the Nightforce had a MOA turret.

If you're interested I'll hook you guys up, might try to make a package deal also.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top