Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/19/2003 3:28:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2003 3:30:10 PM EDT by Jim_X]
The ones I've looked thru had good glass. The Hakko's had either AR-15, or ring mounts. I'm pretty sure they also sold a BDC in .308 that could be installed in addition to the .223 BDC. They also had a range finding reticle, and a "window" on top of the scope to aid in illumination under low light circumstances.

I have no problems with my Colt short scope. I believe that for a while they also came with a range finding reticle.

Now, the only short scopes are cheap Chinese, (I'm awaiting a Sarco order for a variable power short scope), or very expensive ACOG's.

During Desert Storm 1, new Hakko's were selling in Shotgun News for as low as $150! I kick myself for being too poor back then to buy one!

Why the heck did these guys stop production of these scopes? I really didn't want to buy the Chi-com, but the ACOG's are cost prohibitive, and without a removable BDC, can't be installed on other rifles.

I contacted Hakko/Japan, and confirmed they no longer make the short scopes.

I remember soldiers photographed protecting Schwartzcopf, had these on their rifles. Any ideas as to why the manufacturers of quality no longer make these?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:44:16 PM EDT
This is the same question I was going to ask in this forum. I would think there is an untapped market for this type of scope for those with a carry handle. Not everyone like myself can justify the cost of an ACOG.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:15:24 PM EDT
Check out my post [url=http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=167895&w=myTopicPop]here.[/url] When I saw this guy at the gun show he had a banged up Elbit Falcon for $195, a Colt 4x20, and two of the Nightforce scopes on which he had dropped the price to $300. One of the Nightforce scopes had a dirt speck on the lens inside and in focus, and when I talked to Nightforce, they said the warranty was one year. He's a dealer and got them from a distributor so you could argue with Nightforce that you bought it "new". As I recall, the Colt had a .223 BDC and the Nightforce had a MOA turret. If you're interested I'll hook you guys up, might try to make a package deal also.
Top Top