Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2003 6:55:26 PM EDT
I picked up a beater ELCAN from Ekie here on the board, and hope to be able to fix it up enough to decide whether I want a new one or not.

Does anyone know of on-line sighting-in instructions for these?  Also, does anyone know of a source for parts?  I'm tempted to price out a new rubber cover.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I rough sight it at 25m and then fine tune it at 400m.  Turning the windage clockwise moves POI to the right if I recall.  The elevation is easy to figure out by looking at it though you need to unlock the gate to make adjustments (lift the little silver bit on the elevation wheel with a bullet or something, snap it back down when you are done.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:09:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I assume the pin wrench side of the windage drum is for zeroing, and the coin side is for field windage?  Or is it designed to have windage set at the depot with field adjustment of elevation only?

Also, what's the default elevation?  200M?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Heavy Duty - if you send me your e-mail address I can send you copies of the manal (whould you prefer the military or civilian version?  or both?).

Initial zeroing is done at 25m with the scope set to '4'.  There is a copy of the Zeroing target in the instructions.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't touch the pin wrench side!  Use the coin slot on the other side only!

Also I forget to say that the 25m zeroing is done with the elevation drum set to 400m.  Forest has it right.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Forest - email sent, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get parts, including a cover here:

[URL]http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/Elcan/body_elcan.html[/URL]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top