Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 4:06:11 PM EDT
I just ended up with a #38 super extended rail from a trade deal on the EE. My plan is to alternately use my Aimpoint Comp M/QRP combo behind the front sight for tactical competition shooting and a Nikon 3x9x40 in ARMS #22 rings for predator hunting. Which height #22's will I need for the scope's ocular lens housing to clear the #38's BUIS? The BUIS has an Ashley same plane so it sticks up slightly higher when folded than the horizon line unit it replaced. I know you guys can steer me in the right direction. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
One other question. While the ARMS #22 rings are obviously top notch, does anyone know if Warne Magnum Special Application rings would be comparable? I can get a set of 1" Warne rings for $55 vs the #22's at roughly $129 (with inserts). I want the ARMS but saw the Warne rings in the Brownell's catalog and couldn't help but wonder... They MUST return to zero for my application.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The 22med is the ht for the Nikon. The 22 M68 ring for the AIMPOINT, no spacer needed. Get the throw levers for the repeat on off you are going to need for switching scopes.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks 3rdtk. Was hoping you'd be on the board tonight. I've been thinking since the original post about my fixed front sight tower. Will med 22's give me an unobstructed view thru the Nikon? Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome info Wes, thanks for the link. Don't know how I managed to miss it originally.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top