Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/12/2003 9:42:29 PM EDT
Sighted in my new ML2 several weeks ago. Its on a ARMS #45 with ARMS aimpoint mount. Got it all dialed in at 50 yards (1/2 inch groups). Last week took my AR to the range again and I was low and left by 1.5 inches at 50yrds. The only variables changed were temperature (much colder), same ammo. There is no noticable movement in my mounts and everything seems to be attached solidly. My AR rides in a nice hard case and I didn't clean it from the first to second range session. Is this normal?  
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, this is normal.  Changes in temperature can affect both the rifle and the bullet trajectory.  With colder temperatures, the air will be denser and should cause more drag on the bullet which will cause the bullet to drop a little.  Also, with the colder temperatures the barrel and other parts of the rifle will be affected because the metal will contract.  Did the point of impact change as the rifle heated up?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top