Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/8/2003 10:57:51 AM EDT
Went to the range today to zero my Eotech. It's mounted on the carry handle of a Colt MT6601C. The club I'm in will only allow 1 round in any rifle at a time. I was shooting at 50 yards with a friend spoting for me. It was zeroed quickly and I was shooting 1" or less groups. Then the group shifted 2 inches right and an inch high. Same tight group, just moved. I waited 2 or 3 minutes and fired another 5 rounds all in the x ring. All shooting was off of a shooting bench with a rest. There is nothing on the sight that is loose. My friend said maybe it shifted due to heat but the rifle was only about 105 degrees F as I was shooting very slowly. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it securely mounted?

No joke, check the simple and obvious things first.

Mine came loose the first time at the range.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. I can't find anything loose anywhere. I'm using the ARMS #2 mount. I know the AR is fine because if I use the irons it hits where aimed.
Have you ever heard of anyone else with an Eotech that did this?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one of the ones I dialed in come loose at the range as well. If you already checked that, shoot eo-tech a note and they'll get you squared away quickly. If you can post the problem once you hear from them it would be much appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I will contact Eotech and update. Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I had exactly the same problem occur with mine. It did fine until I mounted it on an Ultimak forward mount on an AK 47. At about 200 rounds the Sight (a brand new 552) began turning itself off. I took it off the gun and it cooled down. Put it back on and when the whole set up warmed up again same problem.

Shortly after that I removed the sight from the AK and put it back on an M4 pattern. Zero began shifting every time I would shoot it. I returned it to Eotech and they told me it was a defective windage mechanism. But I must say I got it back in less than one week and have had no problems since of any kind.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I don't know.  I sent my EOTech back for repair because the damn thing wouldn't turn off.  When I received the sight from EOTech I simply mounted it back on my rifle(flat top) and it was still zeroed.  Kick ass IMHO.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#8]
ZX12R - I don't mean to highjack your thread but have you seen the 2004 ZX10R???  OMG is that thing awesome.  I may have to dump all my ARs and buy one [;)]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top