Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2003 4:42:14 PM EDT
Well, I thought I'd show you what ACOG would look like on non-AR15 rifle.

As you can see TA01NSN mount makes (actually the weaver rail) scope sit pretty high.
Is Arms19S lower than the NSN mount?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
no the 19s is a little taller than the TA51

btw nice rifle.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd bet the A4 stock and ACOG combo is a real pain to use.  I have an A4 stock on my 91, looks cool but it's terrible for cheekweld.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, actually it's 'alright' with A3 stock.
Unlike HK91, .223 HK93 kicks very little.
I get a decent 'chin rest' instead of a cheek rest.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The Germans have always put thier optics up higher, just go to the JANES small arms weapons, Small Arms of the World, Etc. Books.
Actually they work very well at those ht's, and Germany isn't the only country that put the optic's higher than the Irons. We also have, and on many weapons to include the M16 carry handle, with the iron sight see thru under the optic's. Magnified optics are not to be compaired with the red dot/reflex shooting, as the (no) mag optic's (except the excelent Swarovski Cobra ring/dot 1.5 Mag) are in place of the iron's. The Mag optic's are for a dif. purpose and shouldn't be as low as the Mag's, as you can't look thru the Mag optic and use your irons if the Mag optic crashes for some reason. The Irons are usually viewed under the mag. optic's for that reason. The Acog has the back up iron on top for reel fast (close in no time to realy aim purposes).
Good shootin, Jack

Link Posted: 11/8/2003 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, if the irons were a bit taller you could actually use the sighting tunnel on the ACOG.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wow, if the irons were a bit taller you could actually use the sighting tunnel on the ACOG.
View Quote

Yeah, it's about 1/4" too low.
Interestingly I found out that instead using the front post, by using protuding screw inside sighting tunnel + top of the front sight ring, it looks like I can actually hit something at around 25-50 yards.

Also there is BUIS on ACOG. I've never used this sight. How acurate is it at 25 yards?

I shot this rifle today, and I managed to make not-so imporessive 3" groups at 100 yards. I can do around 6" group at 100 yards with irns. May be I can improve my groups with better rest or a bipod. Resting it on rifle case wasn't very stable.

I've took the sight off the mount during shooting, and hardly noticed any shift in POI.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top