Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2003 3:46:40 PM EDT
I know ARMS says they're guaranteed to retain zero.

has anyone had any noticable problems with zero after removing and re-mounting their optics?

TIA
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The levers repeat zero better than anything I have used, because they do not tighten side to side like others that give no uniform repeat stop to how far you go before stopping.  The levers pull down under spring action and are already at stop before tightening. Most all rings retain zero, repeat on off is the key like you are reffering. If the rail your attaching to is not to mil spec, then the levers do not work as well as if on a mil spec rail.
Jack  
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
My #22m rings come on and off my SPR more than most ever would as it is often used as a display model. They'll come offand on as much as 2 or three times a day. Worst I have even been off is less than 1/4 moa but usually better every time I have tried.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I take mine on and off w/o even thinking about it.. only problem I had was the initial install, make sure you loc-tite the screws!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I use #22 ARMS rings and they are the best mounting I ever had and used. They are even better than the unbeleaveble expensive " Suhler Einhakmontage" I´ve got on my Drilling ( It works with 2 hooks in front and back)
I take on and off my scope with the #22 mounts nearly every day whe changing to Aimpoint and never had any difficulties . It just works perfect.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys

I asked because I was a little worried about a 10x scope i'm going to mount. I didn't want to have to re-zero every week. I geuss I'll go ahead with the #22's then, since new-arguy frequently removes and re-mounts his SPR optic with out a hitch.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget that the levers require a mil spec rail if they are going to work like they can. If you are going to use a 10 x, then the #36 OSR would be the best combo rail using 22 med. rings.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
the rings will be going on (and coming off... and going on... [X] etc.) an S.I.R. so hopefuly I won't have to worry about out of spec rails.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
hey Theo,

congratulations on becoming a member of my favorite web site!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top