Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2003 5:53:21 PM EDT
Hi guys had a question. I was interesed in buying either M2 or the ML2 for my Sporter lightweight. I was wondering if any of you have one of these if you like them .What is a good price for a new one? What are my options for a mount with the stock handle? any pictures or advise will help thanks guys.
                   Jimmi OZ
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
When you say stock handle it means nothing as there are more than one stock handle. If you mean the non removable handle, then I'd recommend the ARMS #39 for getting the AIMPOINT out where it belongs, along with a 22M68 throw lever QD ring.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It is the stock non removable handle. Would you have any pictures of that set up? Thanks Jimmi Oz
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
THere are several folks on here that have that set up they have shown before, hey guys can you help him with a pic. You might be able to see something on the ARMS web sight. ARMSMOUNTS.COM They don't show a lot, but I think the mount by its self is there.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Good price for a new one? ML2, $340. Add about $50 for the M2. That ARMS mount set-up will add another $250 or so...
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys  for the help. What are the advantages of having the scope there? Do you like the Ml2 or the M2 best?

Jimmi
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]
You shoot with both eye's open and it is much faster to get on multible targets.
One is for use with NV, you don't need nor can you use it for this set up.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree 100% with the set up already mentioned (aimpoint + M68 + #39), but with your rifle and the cost of the sight system have you looked at a compact ACOG?

Ray  
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#9]
No I haven't could you tell me more about it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#10]
[url=http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=172765] Look here[/url] and at the top of this forum.

Ray
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Another option is to change the upper receiver to a flat top, for similar cost to the ARMs mount.  If one can trade off the old upper then part of the cost of the ARMS #40 BUIS can be covered.

While takes a little extra effort, does end up with a cleaner setup.

Thinks might be getting close to the edge as now carry blocks and wrench to the monthly shoot ... just in case want to swap barrels ? (actually use the internal upper block as the piviot point for the hand guard removal tool and the wrench is used for flash suppressor removal to added suppressors).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top