Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2003 4:17:32 PM EDT
Hakko has just marketed a new optical sight that is small compact and runs about 250.00. It has 4 reticles and rheostat setting for brightness. It seems like value for money. Anyone out there have one and wish to comment?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:54:23 PM EDT
I've installed a few of these. There are issues with co-witnessing them. Either too high or too low. I'm hunting us a LOW riser (sort of a contradiction eh?) so I can co-witness for the LEs that are currently using them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:27:04 AM EDT
I am going to have to confess ignorance, can you explain co-witnessing for me? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:56:35 AM EDT
If you have sight failure, you can look THROUGH the sight and use the BUIS (back up iron sights). It is a redundancy for failure. HTH
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:42:00 AM EDT
... and it's also a single zero. The dot should be at the tip of the front sight as you look thru the irons. I've not tested a Hakko in a couple of years. Universally I've found sights with several reticles have several points of impace, depending on which one you use. I also found the Hakkos darn near impossible to zero and lock into zero. I'd let someone else test this sight! [;)] -- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:14:17 AM EDT
Thanks for the educatiuon and the feedback. TK
Top Top