Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2003 2:06:44 PM EDT
I have my Aimpoint in a standard GG&G mount on the "bridge" of the RAS II.

Before getting my RAS II, I the same mount on a GG&G FIRE rail with the GG&G A2 BUIS.

Now, without the FIRE rail, the A2 BUIS will not work, correct??

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:19:36 PM EDT
WRONG!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:48:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 3rdtk: WRONG!
View Quote
Well, thanks for that in-depth reply.... Are you saying the A2BUIS will work, or will not??
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:02:59 PM EDT
The ht. of the rear sight has nothing to do with the situation as the rear sights are all at the same ht. or they won't work with the front sight. The optic ht. is the thing to work in and that is done by using a ring like on an AIMPOINT that will adjust to the rail your attaching to. The 22M68 ring from ARMS has all the most modular abilities to handle what ever set up you need. For instance, if you are going onto a RAS 2, then you do not need a spacer, however if you have removed that fire rail thing, and want to go off the flat top, then you need the spacer so your optic (non magnified type) will be able to co witness with the optic's incase the batterie dies, unless you go with a trijicon reflex in which case you do not have to worry about batties. However if, OH NEVER MIND, did I cover enough? Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:06:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:08:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mcgrubbs: I have my Aimpoint in a standard GG&G mount on the "bridge" of the RAS II. Before getting my RAS II, I the same mount on a GG&G FIRE rail with the GG&G A2 BUIS. Now, without the FIRE rail, the A2 BUIS will not work, correct??
View Quote
i have the same setup as you. I use the GGG MAD BUIS and it cowintesses perfectly
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:12:00 PM EDT
Thanks Jack, I appreciate your time here. The FIRE Rail had to come off to install the RAS II. With this set-up, the Aimpoint is higher than the BUIS, using the FIRE Rail they were level. So, now the BUIS is directly on the flattop upper, and the Aimpoint is IN a standard GGG mount up on the RAS bridge. I can still use the irons, they just won't co-witness. That's not imperative, is it?? I mean, with the Aimpoint at fairly close ranges, it can be used as a large ghost ring sight itself. I learned this a few weeks ago, firsthand. Jack, forgive my ignorance here..... Monty
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:13:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hoplite:
Originally Posted By mcgrubbs: I have my Aimpoint in a standard GG&G mount on the "bridge" of the RAS II. Before getting my RAS II, I the same mount on a GG&G FIRE rail with the GG&G A2 BUIS. Now, without the FIRE rail, the A2 BUIS will not work, correct??
View Quote
i have the same setup as you. I use the GGG MAD BUIS and it cowintesses perfectly
View Quote
With the MAD on the upper itself, and the Aimpoint up on the RAS II bridge??
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:15:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Troy: I don't see why your BUIS won't work with your new configuration. -Troy
View Quote
It just seemed real low, in relation to the Aimpoint. I have to get out and shoot it in the morning. I was busy as hell inside today. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:21:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mcgrubbs:
Originally Posted By Hoplite:
View Quote
View Quote
With the MAD on the upper itself, and the Aimpoint up on the RAS II bridge??
View Quote
yes [img]http://www.tombrodowski.com/images/hk/j15.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:28:01 PM EDT
Thanks Hoplite! Monty
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:31:20 PM EDT
I am confused. The hump of the FF RAS 2 is aprox the same ht. as the fire rail or am I missing something here of what you have? If you can view your irons thru the optic, that is co-witnessing, don't think that the red dot should be touching the front sight post, the red dot should be above the post so it will not wander into it at certain angles. Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:13:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 3rdtk: I am confused. The hump of the FF RAS 2 is aprox the same ht. as the fire rail or am I missing something here of what you have? If you can view your irons thru the optic, that is co-witnessing, don't think that the red dot should be touching the front sight post, the red dot should be above the post so it will not wander into it at certain angles. Jack
View Quote
OK, you just solved my problem Jack. I thought the red dot had to be touching. I understand what you were getting at now... BTW, the hiegth of the FIRE Rail and the bridge is the same. Thanks Jack, I appreciate your help. Monty
Top Top