BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/31/2003 12:38:12 PM EDT
I should preface this with a little background.  I have had about 8 scopes fail to date (1 Bushnell, 3 Simmons, 5 Tasco).  Being a quick learner I decided to try something different and had saved up a little money.

So anyway I went to BPro last night to buy a scope.  After waiting for some yahoo who took up 2 people at the gun counter talking about hearing protection for 20 minutes, I asked to see 2 Loopy scopes.  The low end Rifleman and the VX-II to see if the higher priced scope had any advantages.  Both were 3-9x40's.  The counter guy tried to sell me a Burris scope as it alledgedly transmits light better.  I said no I want a Loopy as they are supposed to be very durable and I was tired of having scopes break.  Looking inside the lighted store I could not see a difference between the 2 loopies.  I like click adjustments and I know some Loopies are friction, so I take the cap off of the VX II.  1/4" Click adjustments - Nice, just like Tasco.  I start to unscrew the cap on the Rifleman and the entire scope adjustment fixture comes off in my hand.  Uhhhh, it says Loopy on it, so it is supposed to be durable?  All my $30 Tasco's never fell apart in the store.  The scope adjustment fixture is the same ,visually, on both scopes so I somewhat question the VX II also.  It is 7:30 and I need to get home as my wife is going to be pissed I am so late.  What to do.....

I decide to buy the VX II for the click adjustment (Rifleman is friction by the way).   I hope/pray that this is just a freak occurance or that the low end was to cheapened up.  Not a very good start for buying expensive (for me) scope.  The loopy is going on the slug gun for a recoil test.  Not sure if I trust it anymore than the Tasco crap now.  The Loopy does have a large eye relief though.  No more scope eye at least.  I guess time will tell, but right now do not think I would buy another Loopy as it seems stupid to spend 5 times the money for the same old crap.  I feel screwed somehow.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
First time I have ever heard of that.  Everyone has a lemon come off the assembly line.  One example of a bad scope should not put you off.  Leupolds have lifetime warranties anyway and they would make it right no problem.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
How did you manage to break 8 scopes?

You do know that you're suppose to put the rifles in the cases before you thow them in the back of the truck right? [:)]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:52:22 AM EDT
[#3]
How did I break 8 scopes?

Well, not everyone just keeps safe queens!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#4]
From your postings, looks like will stick with the VarX IIIs and Mk 4's (have a couple older VarX IIs but limited adjustment range is a pain).

Regards
John
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatever makes you feel better about buying shitty scopes should be fine.

BTW, should that ever happen to a Leupold scope you buy, just send it back to Leupold and you will get back a fixed and good as new Leupold scope in return.

It's called a lifetime warranty, which is one of MANY reasons Leupolds cost "5 times" more. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been more than satisfied with EVERY Leupold scope that I've owned. I can't say the same for ANY of the lower-priced optics that I THOUGHT were a good deal when I bought them. I have a drawer full of Tasco, Simmons, BSA, etc that aren't worth mounting on a BB-gun.

"The bitterness of poor quality far outlasts the sweetness of low price."

ETA: "Stupid is, as stupid does."

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I own 5 Leupolds, and have been using them for years without any trouble... One is a VariX III on a .300WM, and it's been outstanding - crystal clear, and has held it's zero, even through some abusive recoil... Another is a VariX II 2-7x33 Shotgun scope that's on an 870 - it's seen PLENTY of 3 inchers, and still works great... My others are VariX II rifle scopes - I'm sure you'll be happy with your new VariX II - I have been with mine...

I notice that you're going to use your's for a slug gun - is it a shotgun scope??? If not, then you may want to consider having the parallax adjusted accordingly - most rifle scopes are set at 150 yards, and shotgun scopes are set at 75 yards - something to consider...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The loopy is going on the slug gun for a recoil test.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#9]
12 guage winchester partition gold sabots at 1900 fps in a bolt action slug gun will easily take a deer at 200 yards.  That is why a 3-9 scope on a slug gun.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#10]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
The loopy is going on the slug gun for a recoil test.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why?

Because if the scope is going to fail I want it to fail early.  Not when I am 500 miles from home on an elk hunt or something.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Gonna hunt elk with a slug gun? [>:/]

Odd choice.

You are getting all worked up over nothing.  A display model is not indicative of the typical quality of properly cared for optics.  My guess is the Leupold you handled at Bass Pro had been dropped or previously broken.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're going on an elk hunt, you should have bought a new RIFLE, not a new SCOPE. [:\]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#13]
The wrong tool for the wrong job will always end in failure.  Why not try to hammer a nail with it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The wrong tool for the wrong job will always end in failure.  Why not try to hammer a nail with it?
View Quote

So are you saying mounting a Loopie on a slug gun is like using a scope to hammer a nail?  I will have to be more careful with the delicate Luepold.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll send you a BRAND new Tasco if you'll send me the Leupold and shut up. [;D]

Should make you feel better....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you're going on an elk hunt, you should have bought a new RIFLE, not a new SCOPE. [:\]
View Quote

Ummm, I said I was going to mount the Loopie on the slug gun for a recoil test not to hunt elk with.  You know you can move scopes from one gun to another.  Ask your gunsmith.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I will take a 16x Super Sniper.  Thanks.

Seems like I hit a nerve
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems like I hit a nerve
View Quote

Did I say YOU got to pick?  Hmm....nope.

Usually, with me anyway, blatant idiocy and ignorance strikes a nerve.  Not saying you are an idiot or ignorant, but reassess your post and let me know if you think you hit a nerve.  mmkay?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Something you hadn't considered in your silly post, put it on the slug gun...make sure to use the heaviest recoiling loads you can, [b]if[/b] it breaks send it back to Leupold.  They'll fix it so long as you didn't abuse it.

Then shoot the thing on a bolt action 50BMG or Barrett M82A1 and [b]if[/b] it breaks send it back to get fixed again.

BTW, make sure you have a few Tasco's on hand to do the side-by-side tests with.

Let us know how it turns out.  Also, let us know who has better service and a better warranty department.

[lol]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems like I hit a nerve
View Quote

Usually, with me anyway, blatant idiocy and ignorance strikes a nerve.  Not saying you are an idiot or ignorant, but reassess your post and let me know if you think you hit a nerve.  mmkay?
View Quote

mmkay?  You Gay?

I can call names too.  

I wrote this post because I was very surprised that my first experience with a Loopie was a bad one.  Maybe I wanted some assurance that it was a fluke.  What I get is some a-hole getting pissed that I dissed his favorite scope.  

By the way, lifetime warranty does not mean crap.  Tasco offered a lifetime no questions asked warranty on their "World Class" scopes.  Does that make them any less crap?  Or are they the equals of Luepold?  You chose Shivy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So are you saying mounting a Loopie on a slug gun is like using a scope to hammer a nail?  I will have to be more careful with the delicate Luepold.
View Quote

No, what I am saying is:

A variable scope is the wrong scope to mount on a slug gun.

and

Your test method is not statistically significant. You could, "hammer a nail with it" and it would be just as valid.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems like I hit a nerve
View Quote

View Quote

mmkay?  You Gay?

I can call names too.  

I wrote this post because I was very surprised that my first experience with a Loopie was a bad one.  Maybe I wanted some assurance that it was a fluke.  What I get is some a-hole getting pissed that I dissed his favorite scope.  

By the way, lifetime warranty does not mean crap.  Tasco offered a lifetime no questions asked warranty on their "World Class" scopes.  Does that make them any less crap?  Or are they the equals of Luepold?  You chose Shivy.
View Quote

So, you now admit that Tasco's are shit, but it would appear they are all you have experience with.  Leupold my favorite?  Actually they are what I use exclusively -- favorite?  No.  I prefer the Unertl and US Optics USMC 10x, but $2500 is a lot for a scope.

If you can't see a difference in the now defunct Tasco, and the Leupold brand then this conversation is pointless, but most of us responding to it knew that already.

I never called you any names, I guess you reassessed your post and found what I said to be true, thus "getting" the insult.

Sorry, I didn't make you post what you did, you simply wrote down what you thought would be "fun".

If you were worried about the scope then why did you buy it?  Sounds like you may have some reasonability issues or maybe some analytical deficiencies.  You should have bought the Super Sniper, it has a lifetime warranty too, you just have to pay for any warranty work. [lol]

You could have also bought it online and been ontime for dinner or whatever the rest of the "story" was.

Here is your story summed up:

[sksarfal]I went and looked at this piece of shit, it broke in my hand, I bought it.  Now I'm here checking with you guys to see if I fucked up.[/sksarfal off]

[lol]

Good one.  Very good entertainment.
[:K]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems like I hit a nerve
View Quote

View Quote

mmkay?  You Gay?

I can call names too.  

View Quote

So, you now admit that Tasco's are shit, but it would appear they are all you have experience with.  Leupold my favorite?  Actually they are what I use exclusively -- favorite?  No.  I prefer the Unertl and US Optics USMC 10x, but $2500 is a lot for a scope.

If you can't see a difference in the now defunct Tasco, and the Leupold brand then this conversation is pointless, but most of us responding to it knew that already.

I never called you any names, I guess you reassessed your post and found what I said to be true, thus "getting" the insult.

Sorry, I didn't make you post what you did, you simply wrote down what you thought would be "fun".

If you were worried about the scope then why did you buy it?  Sounds like you may have some reasonability issues or maybe some analytical deficiencies.  You should have bought the Super Sniper, it has a lifetime warranty too, you just have to pay for any warranty work. [lol]

You could have also bought it online and been ontime for dinner or whatever the rest of the "story" was.

[sksarfal]I went and looked at this piece of shit, it broke in my hand, I bought it.  Now I'm here checking with you guys to see if I fucked up.[/sksarfal off]

[lol]

View Quote

Glad you liked it, Shivy.  Oh, you forgot to answer if you are Gay or not.  Mmkay!

You need to try not taking things out of context and making up quotes.  I never said Tasco was anything but crap.  I never said I bought the broken Loopie.  Next you will be saying that sksarfal shot Kennedy.  

Why did you reply to a post that was in your words "pointless" unless you are an a-hole trying to make yourself feel better about your life.  I get it.  You were venting.  Kind of like therapy.  Your welcome Shivy.  Feel better now?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oh, you forgot to answer if you are Gay or not.  Mmkay!
View Quote

Why? Are you looking for a new boyfriend?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#25]
No.  You seem a little negative.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Man I work at bass pro's gun counter in springfield and yea I'm going to tell you that you will see bad scope every once in a while, it does not matter what brand however leupold will fix it. Tasco is out of business now you have to send it to bushnell and hope it's covered. If it was me I'd just stick with a good scope like Leupold, Nikon, or Burris.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#27]
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/HBAR_leupold.JPG[/img]
-Twelve years old

-Is swapped between three weapons

-Over 22k rounds fired between the three, roughly 12k with the scope attached

-Has spent a lot of time bouncing around in the trunk of a police cruiser

-Has been dropped twice, one time on the concrete floor of a sallyport. Gouged the finish but nothing more

-Still functions flawlessly

-Awfully glad I spent the extra dough for it in 1991

-I'd buy one again in a heartbeat

I'm very sorry to hear about your bad luck, but your experience is the polar opposite of mine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey SHIVAN,
Since I guess your gay now (Don't understand that one the Fiance has a cool truck).  Can I be your new boyfriend and maintain half ownership of all your guns.  What are we getting for class III.  [50]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hey SHIVAN,
Since I guess your gay now (Don't understand that one the Fiance has a cool truck).  Can I be your new boyfriend and maintain half ownership of all your guns.  What are we getting for class III.  [50]
View Quote

[lol]

Glad someone is looking for a new boyfriend, I was starting to wonder if I had lost my touch. [bd]

How's the jaw?
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:48:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

GOD I'd love to shut you up Shivan.  Everytime someone says something you disagree with you become a total fucking asshole.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've had four SIMMONS I've had on my hunting guns for the last 10 years.  Never a failure and they are NOT safe queens.  WTF do you do to them?  Drop them out of your tree stands onto solid rock.

BTW, Simmons has a lifetime warrenty on all their scopes also.  So if you still have your broken ones send them to me so I can get some new ones for free.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems like I hit a nerve
View Quote

View Quote

mmkay?  You Gay?

I can call names too.  

View Quote

[lol]

View Quote

Glad you liked it, Shivy.  Oh, you forgot to answer if you are Gay or not.  Mmkay!

You need to try not taking things out of context and making up quotes.  I never said Tasco was anything but crap.  I never said I bought the broken Loopie.  Next you will be saying that sksarfal shot Kennedy.  

Why did you reply to a post that was in your words "pointless" unless you are an a-hole trying to make yourself feel better about your life.  I get it.  You were venting.  Kind of like therapy.  Your welcome Shivy.  Feel better now?
View Quote

sksarfal, don't waste you time with Shivy.  He is the biggest asshole on this forum and he is proud of it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Boy's, boy's, play nicely or I'll have to send you to time out.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:11:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I've had four SIMMONS I've had on my hunting guns for the last 10 years.  Never a failure and they are NOT safe queens.  [red]WTF do you do to them?  Drop them out of your tree stands[/red] onto solid rock.
View Quote

Funny you should say that.  I actually had to drop a Sig SHR-970 with a Leupold Vari-X II (mounted with Leupold bases/rings BTW) ~12' from a tree stand.  I didn't have a choice, it was either me or the rifle.  The forest floor was mostly pine needles and leaves, which helped cushion the fall.  Scope and rifle were fine.

My hunting rifles are NOT safe queens by any means.  They get used, but not abused.  Nearly all of them wear Leupold glass and I've never had a problem.

I can't understand how someone can break 8 scopes.  That sounds more like [b]abuse[/b] than [b]use[/b].
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My hunting rifles are NOT safe queens by any means.  They get used, but not abused.  Nearly all of them wear Leupold glass and I've never had a problem.

[red]I can't understand how someone can break 8 scopes.[/red].
View Quote

You don't have any Tasco/BSA/Simmons/Bushnell scopes, do you?  [;D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

GOD I'd love to shut you up Shivan.  Everytime someone says something you disagree with you become a total fucking asshole.
View Quote

Now, now, don't cry....

Blatant idiocy and lack of reasoning power is what I am railing against here.

It's actually pretty simple.  If you felt strongly enough that the item you were about to buy was a piece of shit, would you buy it and then obsess over it?

I haven't and wouldn't.

He's degrading and comparing an obviously better product based on a display model's propensity to break.  Come on. [rolleyes]

If they didn't have such a great name/reputation why would anyone pursue them for purchase?

It's called trolling.  I don't mind feeding a troll every now and then.  Which IIRC is how we met the first time......after you spammed three forums with year old news about paypal grabbing guns. [rolleyes]

So let's see:  You spam the boards, you troll and you execute personal attacks.  Good job!  You REALLY REALLY should read the CoC.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
sksarfal, don't waste you time with Shivy.  He is the biggest asshole on this forum and he is proud of it.
View Quote

Hmm, in three posts you have called me an asshole 2x...

Guess you should spend more time reading the CoC and less time with you panties in a wad over my posting habits.

[wave]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:26:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[red]I can't understand how someone can break 8 scopes.[/red].
View Quote

You don't have any Tasco/BSA/Simmons/Bushnell scopes, do you?  [;D]
View Quote

Good point.  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#39]
[i][red][size=4][b]The Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee[/i][/red][/size=4][/b]

Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a family owned, fourth generation company that has been manufacturing precision optical products in the U.S. for nearly a century. Leupold’s success has been built on our commitment to your absolute satisfaction, and our commitment to the shooting sports. [green]It’s for these reasons that we offer the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.[/green]

If any Leupold Golden Ring® product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will, at our option, repair or replace it. Free. Even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies.

More can be found here: [url=http://www.leupold.com/resources/product_service.htm]Leupold Product Service[/url]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the Tasco alternative:

[url=http://www.tasco.com/contact_info/repair_warranty.shtml]Tasco Warranty Page[/url]

Lots of "Limited Lifetime Warranty" clauses, BTW many warranty claims are simply work done to fix your scope, then billed to you.

You could, in 99.9% of the cases buy a NEW Tasco product for the cost of the "warranty" repairs.

[lol]

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I've had four SIMMONS I've had on my hunting guns for the last 10 years.  Never a failure and they are NOT safe queens.  WTF do you do to them?  Drop them out of your tree stands onto solid rock.

BTW, Simmons has a lifetime warrenty on all their scopes also.  So if you still have your broken ones send them to me so I can get some new ones for free.
View Quote

Simmons you say?

[url=http://www.simmonsoptics.com/cs_and_cr/Customer_SVC.html]Simmons Warranty Page[/url]

Here is a pertinent quote:

"Repair Process:

After receiving your returned product, a Simmons repair technician will evaluate your product to determine what repairs are needed [red]and whether or not your product is covered by an applicable warranty[/red]. [b]If[/b] the product is covered by our warranty, you will receive no additional correspondence and we will either repair or replace your product, at our option. Your repaired product or a comparable replacement of equal value and function will be shipped back to you. If, however, your product is no longer covered by our warranty, one of our technicians will provide you with an estimate of the cost to repair or replace your product. You will have 20 business days to respond and either accept or decline the recommendation. If you accept the recommendation for repair or replacement you will need to provide the payment requested before we will commence work on you product. Payment can be made in the form of a check, money order, or if you prefer, by MasterCard or VISA. If you do not respond within the 20 business day period, we will return the un-repaired product to you. If the product is covered by a warranty, you will receive no additional correspondence."
View Quote

Here's another one:

"Simmons Outdoor Corp. guarantees your product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the [red]original purchaser.[/red]"
View Quote

Leupold stands behind their scopes for the LIFE OF THE SCOPE, not the purchaser, owner, 15th generation hand-me-down.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#41]
SHIVAN,
Jaw's fine but I'm getting tired of chinese.  Im still not allowed to chew.  You haven't lost your touch but I think you should get the truck from the fiance before you take off.  By the way you really are an asshole only an asshole would give away a couple hundred rounds of XM193 at a shoot so two total strangers could keep shooting and only an asshole would let all comers shoot .458 socom at no charge.  I wish all assholes were like you.

SKSARFAL,
In all seriousness if you don't like or trust the scope send me a an email with your cost on it and I'll give you a fair used price on it I can always use glass for something.  My other question is if you had 5 tasco's fail why did you keep buying them, same with the simmons.  "Screw me once shame on you,  Screw me twice shame on me."  That ring a bell?  I would be real interested in how you broke that many scopes and what exactly broke on them.  One scope I guess you haven't tried is a Nikon, or a Burris because both make great discount scopes.  Vari-XIII features and glass on a Vari-XII price.  Also a large retail store is about the worst place to buy glass at least in my experience they are the most expensive way to do it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Shivan - You're wasting your time.

All you can do is let them keep buying turds, then laugh when they complain because it smells like shit. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hey, the truth hurts!  You are so damn quick to pull out the rule book when it suits you but you could give a shit about being an ass.  OOOOOO  that's 3x!!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a family owned, fourth generation company that has been manufacturing precision optical products in the U.S. for nearly a century. Leupold’s success has been built on our commitment to your absolute satisfaction, and our commitment to the shooting sports. [green]It’s for these reasons that we offer the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.[/green]

If any Leupold Golden Ring® product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will, at our option, repair or replace it. Free. Even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies.

More can be found here: [url=http://www.leupold.com/resources/product_service.htm]Leupold Product Service[/url]
View Quote

And SIMMONS Warrenty reads almost the same.  So what does that prove?  [rolleyes]  I once bought a used rifle with a SIMMONS scope on it that someone had obviously taken apart and broken the internals.  I put it back together and sent it in to SIMMONS and they sent me a new Scope.

[red]Simmons warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. Simmons will repair or, at its option, replace this product without charge with respect to parts and labor, providing our examination indicates that a defect exists. In the event that this product model is no longer available at the time warranty service is required and Simmons has elected replacement, a substitution of equal or greater value and similar performance will be made.
This warranty does not include damage caused by abuse, improper handling, installation, maintenance, unauthorized repairs or modifications. [/red]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, the truth hurts!  You are so damn quick to pull out the rule book when it suits you but you could give a shit about being an ass.  OOOOOO  that's 3x!!!!
View Quote

[SLEEP]

Go post another useless thread about paypal being the devil.

Do you even own a Leupold?  Any cogent arguments/responses to the subject matter, specifically in relation to the thread title?

Didn't think so.

Hmm....sounds like a [:K]

Truth?  When I submit the truth to you, like in the paypal threads all three of them, you get all huffy and call everybody names, then disappear, only to call me names on another thread entirely unrelated thread.  You sound and look like a tortured "man".  If anyone were to look up any thread you've been involved in that required solid arguments they will see you are the quick one on the trigger.

Truth, I ask you again?  I can point out at least two guys on this thread all by itself who can vouch for my character in real life, how about you?

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Simmons you say?

[url=http://www.simmonsoptics.com/cs_and_cr/Customer_SVC.html]Simmons Warranty Page[/url]

Here is a pertinent quote:

"Repair Process:

After receiving your returned product, a Simmons repair technician will evaluate your product to determine what repairs are needed [red]and whether or not your product is covered by an applicable warranty[/red].
View Quote

What this line refers to to that some of their binoculars do not have a warranty.  Totally taken out of context.

"Simmons Outdoor Corp. guarantees your product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the [red]original purchaser.[/red]"
View Quote

I don't know WHERE you pulled this out of because NONE of my SIMMONS scope warrantys say this.  It is for the life of the scope.  You DO NOT have to prove you are the original purchaser.  Send a broken SIMMONS scope to them and they send it back fixed or and new one.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[SLEEP]

Go post another useless thread about paypal being the devil.

Do you even own a Leupold?  Any cogent arguments/responses to the subject matter, specifically in relation to the thread title?

Didn't think so.

Hmm....sounds like a [:K]

Truth?  When I submit the truth to you, like in the paypal threads all three of them, you get all huffy and call everybody names, then disappear, only to call me names on another thread entirely unrelated thread.  You sound and look like a tortured "man".  If anyone were to look up any thread you've been involved in that required solid arguments they will see you are the quick one on the trigger.

Truth, I ask you again?  I can point out at least two guys on this thread all by itself who can vouch for my character in real life, how about you?

View Quote

Oh, sooooo predictable.  SHIVEN tries to troll by pulling out the TROLL icon.  I bet nobody on this forum uses that icon more than you do.

I HAVE posted pertinent info on this topic.  One of these post got to expose your misinformation about SIMMONS.  (I don't know shit about Loopies except that they cost a lot).  Calling you an asshole is just a fringe benefit.  [i]OH DAMN, that's 4x.[/i]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

And SIMMONS Warrenty reads almost the same.  So what does that prove?  [rolleyes]  I once bought a used rifle with a SIMMONS scope on it that someone had obviously taken apart and broken the internals.  I put it back together and sent it in to SIMMONS and they sent me a new Scope.

[red]Simmons warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. Simmons will repair or, at its option, replace this product without charge with respect to parts and labor, providing our examination indicates that a defect exists. In the event that this product model is no longer available at the time warranty service is required and Simmons has elected replacement, a substitution of equal or greater value and similar performance will be made.
This warranty does not include damage caused by abuse, improper handling, installation, maintenance, unauthorized repairs or modifications. [/red]
View Quote

Re-read my posts....I posted the pertinent quote from Simmons coverage page along with the actual link.

Limited Lifetime Warranty means whatever they write out they can do or not do for a limited period of time, which is defined as the lifetime of the original owner.

Now if you lie and claim to be the original owner, so be it, your next and future Simmons scopes will cost more for your moral choice.

I choose to buy scopes that are covered for the lifetime of the scope, no questions asked, no warranty card needed, no proof of purchase...the scope is the bearer instrument for FULL COVERAGE -- FOR FREE.

Leupold writes it out the way they actually do things.  There are no case by case exceptions, there are no instances where your friend has one experience returning a Leupold scope and gets service, but your cousin returns a Leupold and has to pay for service.

If you can't see the difference, which I'm sure you won't, again it's wasted effort feeding a [:K]

BTW, I used paypal for a gun sale last week....I must be the devil. [dracula]

[lol] Truth?  [lol]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
[size=6][url=http://www.simmonsoptics.com/cs_and_cr/Customer_SVC.html]Simmons Warranty Page[/url][/b][/size=6]
View Quote

I don't know WHERE you pulled this out of because NONE of my SIMMONS scope warrantys say this.  It is for the life of the scope.  You DO NOT have to prove you are the original purchaser.  Send a broken SIMMONS scope to them and they send it back fixed or and new one.
View Quote

See the link?  Click on it....It's from Simmon's warranty page.

Gee, I don't know where I got it from either.....[whacko]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[size=6][url=http://www.simmonsoptics.com/cs_and_cr/Customer_SVC.html]Simmons Warranty Page[/url][/b][/size=6]
View Quote

View Quote

See the link?  Click on it....It's from Simmon's warranty page.

Gee, I don't know where I got it from either.....[whacko]
View Quote

And THAT is a general warranty for ALL their products.  Their SCOPE LINE has a specific warrenty that reads diffently.   [kill] Maybe you should know what your reading before posting.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top