Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2003 4:23:00 PM EDT
I've been thinking about putting a flattop on my 16" A1, and would prefer some sort of full-length rail. I really have no need for a RIS/RAS/SIR type of system - just an extended top rail. I'll be using standard handguards, not M4s.

Just how long is the super extended version of the Swan Sleeve? Will it extend all the way to the front sight tower? And how badly does the flip-up sight suck? (I'd consider the sightless rail with a quality rear sight if I can figure out how to make the heights work.)

Anybody have a carbine configured this way that can share a picture?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:50:49 PM EDT
The one they show on their web. is 14" long and goes to the rear of the front sight post. The rear sight on the #38's is the #40 built into the rail, so it is the best one on the market as far as I'm concerned. The military have bought a lot of them over the years, and ARMS sure don't make anything that isn't top quality. Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:32:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 7:39:18 PM EDT
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=10711[/img] Ok...the angle is slightly off, but you should get a good idea That's a full 16" M4 profile upper with the ARMS 38S-EX. Also, those are M4 handguards...just a few minutes with a file and it fit like a charm. My only complaint on the flip-up sight is tht I'm not used to their small aperture, with the horizon line thing. Supposedly it's no biggie to swap it out for a standard. But, it works pretty much just like the standard sights.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 7:53:11 PM EDT
Thank you all! I couldn't quite visualize how the rail ended up front - that helps a lot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:36:25 AM EDT
Is it possible to use a detachable type front sight on that swan sleeve? Or would the detachable type front sight be too tall to line up with the swan rear sight? I was thinking of using a setup like this on a Gemtech Talon SD 9mm supressed upper. Because of the can the Talon upper does not have a front sight post.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:30:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 1:22:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RPD20: Is it possible to use a detachable type front sight on that swan sleeve? Or would the detachable type front sight be too tall to line up with the swan rear sight? I was thinking of using a setup like this on a Gemtech Talon SD 9mm supressed upper. Because of the can the Talon upper does not have a front sight post.
View Quote
I was thinking about trying to get a set of irons off a HK SL-8...
Top Top