Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2003 1:48:37 PM EDT
So my Aimpoint Comp ML failed the second month long battery test.

I have been to Best Buy, Radio Shack, Target, Walmart, the local watch store, Walgreens, Save On Drugs ... and none of them have the DL1/3N or the 2A76 equal. Radio Shack is suppose to carry it but they don't. I have a "spare" I can steal out of my one of my old cameras but I need to replace it.

Short of going on-line and getting one from 1-800-batteries.com any ideas? The nearest camera store is about a half hour drive ... looks like I'll have to make that trip.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Try another Radio Shack. They should have it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
hey paul,
does your comp ml have cet technology?
because i have a comp m2 with cet technology and its been over a year now and i still have not had replace a battery, i leave mine on at 8 clicks and never turn it off. maybe you gotta problem with your comp ml. if it doesnt have cet technology, i would highly recommend the comp m2 with cet tech. its been the best cqb sight!
            good luck!
                 meat
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
hey paul,
does your comp ml have cet technology?
because i have a comp m2 with cet technology and its been over a year now and i still have not had replace a battery, i leave mine on at 8 clicks and never turn it off. maybe you gotta problem with your comp ml. if it doesnt have cet technology, i would highly recommend the comp m2 with cet tech. its been the best cqb sight!
            good luck!
                 meat
View Quote

Why would you leave it on, or are you doing a B test ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I stocked up on mine at Radio Shack.

I dont remember being thinking I was paying too much.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My Aimpoint is about five years old and is not CET.

My local Radio Shack is pretty ghetto - if you don't want a cell phone or DirectTV you're out of luck there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I buy batteries for my two M2's at a local Batteries Plus store.

Whenever I go in there the guy asks me if the batteries are for a gunsight.  They tell me that alot of wives come in there to buy batteries to send to their husbands that are deployed overseas.

I put a fresh set in on 31 August, and have left them on "5" since then with no problems.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Alternatives to the DL1/3N battery include:

1. two #386 and one #389
2. three D76
3. three 675

jvn
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top