Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/28/2003 6:43:50 PM EDT
Building my first AR. I plan to mount an ARMS # 40 and BMAS detachable front flip up sight on a 16”- A3 Flat Top Upper Receiver and Olympic Arms 4 side F7R FIRSH. Just got a call from my brother and he tells me that the BMAS will not work with the # 40. He says the front flip up will be too high. Is he right? Should I even spend the money? Please advise.

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:47:13 PM EDT
Get a PRI front sight and you'll be set for as long as you own the rifle [:)] Also spend a little more to get a KAC FF RAS, then you can use KAC's RAS mounted flip front sight, either the #40 will be happy with.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:13:50 PM EDT
Since you soumd like you are willing to spend a little more for the best, then get the ARMS SIR that fits perferctly with the ARMS #40 and aligns with the PRI front. You are then there with everything you will ever need, and all mil spec. Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:18:37 AM EDT
Ok guys, I still don’t know if you answer my question. So… the BMAS is definitely too high for the # 40 correct???
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:35:41 AM EDT
I have the Bushmaster flip up front sight, and an ARMS 40 on a 16" XM15E2S V-Match. It's recommended you get a slightly different post (can't remember if it's higher or lower by a fraction) to screw into the front post, which I have, but a couple turns and that also is not necessary. They line up fine. Ask BM about the front post change or look around in here for the details on the different one. Gotta run, Nuts{WoC}
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:38:37 AM EDT
I have the Bushmaster modular model which has the Bushmaster front and rear flip up sites. I also have a Arms#40. So I could get you the answer you wanted I removed the Bushmaster rear flip up site and installed the Arms#40 in it's place. The Arms#40 works perfectly. It lines up dead on. I also put both rear sites on the rail and looked through them and they are dead even in height with each other. Your brother is wrong.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:42:18 AM EDT
I have the Bushmaster BMAS rail system and I also have a RAS on another rifle and they both seem to look and work great. The advantage to the BMAS along with the price over the basic KAC RAS is that it free floats the barrel. If you are going to pay for the KAC RAS get one that free floats the barrel or get the RAS II. It doesn't cost that much more.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:03:19 AM EDT
Thanks gang... now I got my answer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:38:10 PM EDT
I don't know if I'm too late, but I actually am ordering that exact setup on my Bushy Varminter. When you use a ARMS#40, they suggest the .04 HIGHER front sight post, they are about $5 from Bushmaster. part # 9349056-M. Hope this helps. Gundraw
Top Top