Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2003 8:43:09 AM EDT
From what I have read EOTech and Aimpoint scopes both claim to be competely paralax free.  Is this correct?  What about other mid-range priced red dots like Tasco, OKO, Bushnell (non-holo sight)?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Your correct, both Aimpoint and EOTech are paralax free...
View Quote

EO Tech is supposed to be paralax free.  Testing of my unit (a 552) shows paralax in the horizontal plane, but none in the vertical plane.  Testing was done after Giles Stock warned me in his experience "those things have a paralax issue".

I've contact EO Tech about this (thanks to Chen) and they have told me it shouldn't be this way so they will be sending out a replacement unit.   I'll retest when I get the new unit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen the parallax issue Forest mentions with local EOtech users also but never would have noticed it otherwise except for Forest mentioning it.

The parallax was only at the extreme right and left edges of the screen on the two I've seen.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top