Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 11:06:14 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking

A few nights ago I was pawing through this forum and saw a reference to a variable zoom ACOG in development by Trijicon. I've subsequently poked around looking for additional information but so far have found nothing.

Is such a scope actually in development, or was this just pie-in-the-sky horsecrap?

Personally I'd love to see something like a 1-4x TA31. I would think that such a scope would have the target aquisition speed of an Aimpoint or EOTech at 1x, yet still retain all of the ACOG strengths of BAC, the BDC, and have the ability to reach out-all without batteries.

Could you also co-witness the irons at 1x too?

Make me a believer guys. Can we expect to see something like this or not?

Thanks in advance for what I hope turns out to be an enlightening discussion.

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be out any time, since I just purchase a TA31 ... LOL .... [;)].
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Should be out any time, since I just purchase a TA31 ... LOL .... [;)].
View Quote

Heh [:D] I'm about to buy one myself and like you I'm sure the zoom ACOG will be released precisely three minutes after FedEx drops off my TA31A.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Trijicon is one of the companies bidding for the SOPMOD 2 M4 optic.  I is supposed to be 3-4X max and 1X min, have some sort of dot type center reticle and be illuminated day or night by batteries or not.  Several people will be bidding.   Much like the URX we will not see it for several months.  There will also be a 2-8X (is that right?) optic which shows the dialed up ballistic cam distance in the view of the scope so you dont have to take your eye off the target.  These are gonna be some seriously bad ass scopes.  If I had to guess I would say Trijicon will win the M4 optic and Leupold the SPR optic contracts.  Thats just a wild assed guess though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Who else can realistically compete with Trijicon in low magnification combat scopes?  Leupold with its Mk4 CQT? [:d]  How about ELCAN? (another laugh)
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There will also be a 2-8X (is that right?) optic which shows the dialed up ballistic cam distance in the view of the scope so you dont have to take your eye off the target.
View Quote

That's the one I want to see!  [bounce]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top