Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2003 2:04:31 PM EDT
My question should be an easy one. Can I mount an EOTech on to a flat top even though it has a front sight? My dept. has removable carry handles on our AR's, but will let you purchase extra optics if you wish. I'm not sure if the front sight will be visible in the optics or not. Thank you for your time.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/reticle.jpg[/img]

The front iron will appear on the optic window, but once you get use to it the front sight doesn't really matter.  the foucs should be on your target and if you do that, you will not even notice the front iron.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for answering my question so quickly. Up till now my only use with the AR is with the carry handle on, but I would like to take it off and put on some sort of optics.

SAV308
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It will work no problem focus on the target not the sight .Also get an Arms # 40 rear flip up sight and your good to go .
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Concur with the above. With a little practice, you'll never notice the front sight.

I prefer however, the GG&G MAD backup rear iron sight. It gives you two apertures but, in an extremely rugged package.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, and it's a good setup.  With a flip up rear sight, you are prepared for shooting with or without the EOTech.  That is a good picture from SMGLee.  You get used to sighting and ignoring the front sight quickly.  I have the 552 on my Bushy A3 and it is GREAT!!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top