Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2003 12:59:22 PM EDT
I am getting ready to purchase a holographic sight, as I have heard they are great, and I have only actually seen one before, a Bushnell. I have pretty much decided on getting the Eotech though. Can I get some advice on more brands and is the reflex sight a better option?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There is only 1 holographic sight out there and that is the EO Tech.  The Bushnell is a 'consumer' version of the EO Tech.

The Reflex, Aimpoint, C-More, OKO etc use different technologies to creat their reticule.  IIRC Reflex, Falcon, C-More, OKO, Hakko etc use the principle of reflecting the reticle off the lens (the lens has a reflective coating on the insode).  The Aimpoint uses a different system to project the dot into the lenses.

Now if your looking for which of the Collameter sights is the best.  Well it looks like we're down to 2 contenders.  Depending on what your needs & specifications are you can get the Aimpoint M2 (highly durable, lots of mounting options, very long battery life) or the EO Tech (common battery, unique reticule, built in mount).  Both work well.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll be VERY please w/ an EO TECH once you get it mounted and dialed in. Can't go wrong with them!
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The Bushnell IS an EOtech, just without the protected hood. Ive owned the OKO and now own the Bushnell(EOtech). Both are good but EOtech is more durable.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top