Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 5:30:54 PM EDT
For mounting a Trijicon TA01 on a flat top AR is thre any advantage of one over the other?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Two answers, first I find that optic makers don't make mounts as good as mount makers, two I'd go with the 19's.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll second the suggestion for the ARMS#19.  Wish they made one for the Compact ACOGs....
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
ARMS #19S, I've got them on 2 of my ACOGS and I'm very satisfied with them.

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Obviously the 19s is a more tactical mount but also higher priced.

What about the two I mentioned above.
Is one better than the other?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the #10 is a hell of a lot bigger than you need to mount an ACOG. Might as well go with the TA51 if you are dead-set on thumbscrews; but the #19S is a great mount.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
The TA51 is heavier but mounts the scope lower.

The #19S is lighter and smaller, but mounts the scope a little higher.

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Headless Gunner, thank you for asking this question. Recently I decided on a TA31A ACOG but I am still considering my options for a suitable mount. The ACOG gurus here favor the ARMS #19 or #19s, but I am still wrestling with the idea of thumbscrews versus throw levers.

I am partial to the security of thumbscrew mounts over the speed advantage of the throw lever mounts. I wish there was a way that I could handle and test both types before I buy, but these mounts are a specialty item that my local shops don't carry.

Since I can't try them before I buy I don't know if my reasoning is faulty.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:23:17 AM EDT
[#8]
What security does the thumbscrews provide the throw lever does not?  It's not a rhetorical question, I'd like to know myself.  For me, it's much easier to remove the 19S than the TA51, which I usually tighten it so well I can't unscrew without tools or gloves. BTW, I have a TA51 mount I don't need, let me know if anyone is interested [:)]  I replaced it with a 19S, now all of my ACOGs have the 19S.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:32:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Obviously the 19s is a more tactical mount but also higher priced.

View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want security, like wearing suspenders with your belt for the nervous types, then you have two more things to consider. You can always put a twist of light wt. wire around the lever that will break away if you pull intentionaly. The other is that that I don't like thumb nut, but if you must have them, then I must say the #10 with it's self locking thumb nuts. They are impossible to get loosen by hand after tightening them by hand and have waiting about a minute for the stuff they use to automaticaly expand into the threads. Unless you use a coin, they don't ever loosen. I still prefer the levers.
Good shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top