Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/20/2003 5:30:54 PM EDT
For mounting a Trijicon TA01 on a flat top AR is thre any advantage of one over the other?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:58:44 PM EDT
Two answers, first I find that optic makers don't make mounts as good as mount makers, two I'd go with the 19's. Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:05:02 PM EDT
I'll second the suggestion for the ARMS#19. Wish they made one for the Compact ACOGs....
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:16:23 PM EDT
ARMS #19S, I've got them on 2 of my ACOGS and I'm very satisfied with them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:25:13 PM EDT
Obviously the 19s is a more tactical mount but also higher priced. What about the two I mentioned above. Is one better than the other?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:58:18 PM EDT
Well, the #10 is a hell of a lot bigger than you need to mount an ACOG. Might as well go with the TA51 if you are dead-set on thumbscrews; but the #19S is a great mount.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:25:29 PM EDT
The TA51 is heavier but mounts the scope lower. The #19S is lighter and smaller, but mounts the scope a little higher.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:58:06 PM EDT
Headless Gunner, thank you for asking this question. Recently I decided on a TA31A ACOG but I am still considering my options for a suitable mount. The ACOG gurus here favor the ARMS #19 or #19s, but I am still wrestling with the idea of thumbscrews versus throw levers. I am partial to the security of thumbscrew mounts over the speed advantage of the throw lever mounts. I wish there was a way that I could handle and test both types before I buy, but these mounts are a specialty item that my local shops don't carry. Since I can't try them before I buy I don't know if my reasoning is faulty.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:23:17 AM EDT
What security does the thumbscrews provide the throw lever does not? It's not a rhetorical question, I'd like to know myself. For me, it's much easier to remove the 19S than the TA51, which I usually tighten it so well I can't unscrew without tools or gloves. BTW, I have a TA51 mount I don't need, let me know if anyone is interested [:)] I replaced it with a 19S, now all of my ACOGs have the 19S.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:32:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Headless_T_Gunner: Obviously the 19s is a more tactical mount but also higher priced.
View Quote
Huh?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:29:54 PM EDT
If you want security, like wearing suspenders with your belt for the nervous types, then you have two more things to consider. You can always put a twist of light wt. wire around the lever that will break away if you pull intentionaly. The other is that that I don't like thumb nut, but if you must have them, then I must say the #10 with it's self locking thumb nuts. They are impossible to get loosen by hand after tightening them by hand and have waiting about a minute for the stuff they use to automaticaly expand into the threads. Unless you use a coin, they don't ever loosen. I still prefer the levers. Good shootin, Jack
Top Top