Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2003 5:37:33 PM EDT
The scope is not supposed to wobble on the mount, right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's a 1st-3rd generation mount it will. One of it's faults.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It is first generation for sure, the tritium is deader then a hammer.  Never been much interested in magnifying combat optics, being that I am quite comfortable with irons out to 600 yards, but have been a bit curious about the ELCAN and the ACOG.  Today at the Tulsa show I found this guy selling beater ELCANs for $325.  Looked like they were DXed.  They all had chips in the lenses, or mold growing in em.  I figured, what the heck, for this kinda money I can try it out and see what these are all about.  Only thing I was really worried about was the mount.  The rest looks purdy solid.  It does have a chip in the lens, but it is off center quite a bit, just shows up as a fuzzy spot when looking thru it.

Will have to take it out shooting, if I like it I will put it on my deer rifle (AR-10).  It does sit a bit high, but not near as high as it looks.  It also seems real sensitive to eye relief, but maybe that is me not being used to magnifying optics?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:44:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Do a search for Elcan on Ebay.

I had a like new 3rd generation with bright tritium that I sold two months ago for $475.

You can also purchase a new 4th generation mount from Arizona Gun Runners.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy expensive do dad Bat Man.  The Gen4 mount is $265.00!

Thanks for all the help.  Still doing google searches....
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm surprised that Elcans hold their value so well. I mean $325 for a beater with damaged optics! I've always been curious about getting one. But, I was always scared away by the bad press they get on this board. I always figured I would someday find a beater and try them out. Not for that price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top