Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 5:38:47 PM EDT
Sorry I know it's been asked before but I can't remember who makes a flip up front site assembly with a bayonet lug. Can anyone help? Thanks

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
GGG
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Depending on what you are going to use the most, the front sight or the bayonet. I'd recomend the PRI fold down sight as the all time best one, that the military also buy.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like the GG&G front flip, it's the only one with the bayo lug.  It locks, and like the PRI a bash that takes it down will not destroy it.  However, some really like the hooded profile of the PRI.

Also, the GG&G is built to take a side rail attachment unlike the PRI unit, it's good for side sling swivel or other rail mounted devices like lights and lasers - very versatile.  However, GG&G usually demands that you send your barrel/upper to them so they can install the unit themselves.

I would like to see a PRI with spring loaded flip up, bayo lug, and rail mount capabilities...
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Putting slings swivels and or rails on the front sight housing certainly goes away from the knowlege gained that you don't put stress on the gun barrel. Free float is the way the military is going for that exact reason. Go the PRI way, they also supply to the military for those reasons. I don't know, but I assume they also have a bayonet version.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the market for a flip up front sight and I am leaning towards the GG&G but I haven't got it yet. I like the PRI too, but I really like the bayo lug option, not that I would ever use it that is what side arms are for, but because it must drive the gun-grabbers crazy. [;D]

Now if either were spring loaded like my ARMS #40, there would be no contest...
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Putting slings swivels and or rails on the front sight housing certainly goes away from the knowlege gained that you don't put stress on the gun barrel. Free float is the way the military is going for that exact reason. Go the PRI way, they also supply to the military for those reasons. I don't know, but I assume they also have a bayonet version.
Good shootin, Jack
View Quote

I never recommended using one while trying to freefloat the barrel.  If you do not have a freefloat system, you will most likely be using a sling swivel on the front sight base (edit: or non-FF handguard rail) so it's moot in that case (excepting a single point sling).  If you are trying to freefloat the barrel, that's another ballgame.  If PRI has a bayonet lugged version, I have not seen any for sale to civilians so if you want it, GG&G is the only way to go at this time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I would go with GG&G. Putting some small amount of pressure on a tactical/battle rifle is not going to change POI that bad. GG&G's mount is cuurently deployed with some SF groups. My team included.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#8]
1919a4 guy, OH please enlighten us as to what group you are in, so we can verify it. LOL
Jack
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know, but I assume they also have a bayonet version.
Good shootin, Jack
View Quote

Actually, I would be more interested in verifying this statement.  Not because I don't believe it, but because - man, I really want to see it, and even more - MAN, I WANT ONE!!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]
My only little gripe w/ the PRI is that it's not spring-loaded. But then, there must be a sound reason for this omission.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I have both.  If I had to do it again, I wouldn't remove my front sight at all.  But if I did, I'd use another PRI.  
Just my .02, & YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#12]
There was no ommision, The Spec Ops customer wanted it to lock up, and no spring involved out there. You can see them on the Govt's SPR sniper weapons.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#13]
AK Mike
during the development of the PRI sight it was brought up by Dunlap, that he was going to do a bayonet version. That's why I think he has or will be.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
AK Mike
during the development of the PRI sight it was brought up by Dunlap, that he was going to do a bayonet version. That's why I think he has or will be.
Jack
View Quote

COOL!  Call him up and remind him if he forgot, then tell him to make a spring loaded version as well!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Dicky, your on a need to know basis of what unit I am with. And you do not need to know.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Ya sure, to all of the dumb BS. "Team" LOL.
Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top