Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2003 4:48:12 AM EDT
I am building up a Mod 1 SPR and haven't decided yet on my mounting setup. I would like to use Badger rings, but i'm close to not getting the correct eye relief. I like the idea of solid steel directly mounted to my upper at 65in lbs, so this was my first choice. The ARMS #35 has also crossed my mind, but I am curious as to how robust and true to zero this mount would stay -- I'm not talking about return to zero, I'm saying how solid it will stay once locked down. I've always used ARMS stuff for my M4s with Relfex, Aimpoint, and ACOG; never worried about it on M4s. Also, which ring heights would I need in both the Badger and #35 setup to be correct. I have a KAC 600M rear, so it needs to clear that.

Thanks for any input!

--Keith
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:04:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/14/2003 5:19:51 AM EDT by Joe_556]
Call Wes at www.mstn.biz for all your needs. Joe
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:47:13 PM EDT
Well the Spec ops folks put are using #22 med and or high ARMS throw levers on the Gov't SPR's, and have gone thru a lot of combat use with excellent results, if that answers your question. Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:34:05 PM EDT
I have the ARMS #35 on my SPR wannabe with a Leupold LR M3. Return to zero is very good, within 1/2 MOA or so. It does take a few rounds to 'bed in' after removal, even if I slide it forward against the groove in the upper. Once it settles down, 3/8" groups are possible. I am using the low rings and they just barely clear the KAC 300m BUIS. I had to bevel the forward edge of the sight to be sure they diod not touch. Most people prefer the medium rings on the #35.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:49:55 PM EDT
Top Top