Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2003 6:37:10 AM EDT
I am trying to find the best, strongest same-plane aperture that has the SAME DIAMETER aperture holes as the A2 on my ARMS #40A2.  I like the size of the large and small apertures.  I might consider a same-plane with SLIGHTLY smaller apertures, but please make note of this in any apertures you recommend.

No tritrium!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am trying to find the best, strongest same-plane aperture that has the SAME DIAMETER aperture holes as the A2
View Quote

No such beast.  The only same plane on the market is the one by AO/Ashely/Express/whatever-their-name-of-the-week-is and both its apertures are slightly larger than standard.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am trying to find the best, strongest same-plane aperture that has the SAME DIAMETER aperture holes as the A2
View Quote

No such beast.  The only same plane on the market is the one by AO/Ashely/Express/whatever-their-name-of-the-week-is and both its apertures are slightly larger than standard.
View Quote

Anyone know where I can find the measurements of both A2 and the AO/Ashely apertures sizes?

Anyone know of someone who makes custom apertures and what they generally cost?  TIA.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
If I remember, I'll measure them tonight and post them.

Though IIRC somebody has done that before though it would take a 'team member' to search the archives since it was more than 30 days ago.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I found the Ashley aperture sizes, I just need the A2 aperture sizes.  I'd also like to know where I can have custom apertures made.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I found the Ashley aperture sizes,
View Quote

Please share?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought I had the A2 sight specs, but I can't find them.

If I remember correctly, I believe, they are 0.199" & 0.073" but I'm not 100% sure.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I found the Ashley aperture sizes,
View Quote

Please share?
View Quote

.230 and .100
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I remember correctly, I believe, they are 0.199" & 0.073" but I'm not 100% sure.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
View Quote

Thank you for atleast looking/responding.  I can tell you those ARE the aperture sizes for the GG&G MAD.  But I can't find anything that confirms or denies that the GG&G MAD has the same size apertures as the A2.

Edited:  Sorry, it's .199" and .73", yikes .073" would be small! [:)]

If anyone can confirm the A2 aperture size, or knows a good place to get custom apertures please let me know.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#9]

If anyone can confirm the A2 aperture size, or knows a good place to get custom apertures please let me know.
View Quote

You had it right the first time. The decimal .73" is nearly 3/4 of an inch. The decimal .073" is just over 1/16 of an inch which sounds fairly close to diameter of the long range aperature.
--RR
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

You had it right the first time. The decimal .73" is nearly 3/4 of an inch. The decimal .073" is just over 1/16 of an inch which sounds fairly close to diameter of the long range aperature.
--RR
View Quote

Oops, you're right!  My questions still stand though. :)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top