Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2003 5:06:36 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Hakko sight similar to the OKO sight and I find it kind of difficult to use(or not as easy as imagined) as it requires quite precise aiming.  My question is with the Eotech do you have to also aim very carefully with the dot over the front sight or is it paralex free and when you see the dot, wether it is in center of viewing screen or in the corner, does it hit where the dot is.  Thanks for any experiences.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The OKO is a nice parralax free red dot sight, but I worry about the plastic mount and the metal holding screws. The SC4 mount would be a must if I were going with the OKO. But, when you add those two together, the EOtech is about the same price, or less....
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
My OKO is NOT completely parallax free.  I haven't tested it at different distances yet, but I have noticed parallax at closer ranges ( <25 yards).

The SC4 is an awesome mount though...  Especially if you prefer your red-dot to be centered while looking over the rear sight.  When co-witnessing with the irons, the red dot is in the lower third of the glass.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The Eotech is excellent and is super easy to use. No matter what you head position is or where the dot seems to be just put the dot on the target and the bullet will go to where the dot is. It is very easy to pick up and the light intensity is adjustable.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you still co-witness with an Eotech if you use a swan sleeve?  Will it still cowitness through the bottom of the window or does the sleeve raise it too high?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can you still co-witness with an Eotech if you use a swan sleeve?  
View Quote

You'd have to use the ARMS mount to be able to use the irons with your EO Tech mounted.  Unfortunetly it mounts the EO Tech rather high IMHO.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top