Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 6:17:14 PM EDT
I am getting very close to buying a Bushmaster Varminter and I want to make sure I get the best scope I can afford.

I plan on shooting coyotes out to 300 meters.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:59:15 PM EDT
The Bushnell Elite 4200 is the best scope under $500. The 4-16x50 would serve you well. Other good options would be the Nikon Monarch, Weaver Grand Slam or Leupold Vari-XIII. I have heard that some Burris scopes are nice, but I have no experience with them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:01:23 PM EDT
Weaver Grand Slam........awesome hunting scope. Glass is better than VariXIII in my opinion. YMMV.......but probably not.....[:D]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:24:38 AM EDT
Anyone have any suggestions where to but for the cheapest online?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:21:11 AM EDT
I have had a Tasco 16X42mm on my Bushy Var. since 2001. Rear A.O., turrets, 30mm. Absolutely no complains. $299. most anywhere. Originally made for the Navy Seal team. If there was one neg. it's not a variable. I have heard the side A.O. has had problems on some.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:35:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BushMasterGuy: Anyone have any suggestions where to but for the cheapest online?
View Quote
[url]www.swfa.com[/url] has good prices.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:51:42 AM EDT
I just bought a Nikon Monarch UCC 4-12x40. Side by side with a Leupold VX-III, the Nikon glass seemed much better. I paid $379 at Galyan's. I know some people have their problems with Galyan's/Bass Pro because they don't sell ARs, but I wanted to go look at some scopes. If I'm going to take their time, I'll usually buy from them. Having said that, an on-line search turned up the same scope for $379 plus shipping at lots of places. You might save a little on-line without having to pay tax. FWIW, this scope is going on a RRA Varminter upper I've got on order. Distance and use is almost identical to your requirements. I think the Nikon will serve the purpose quite well. You may also want to look at the Cabela's Alaskan scopes. I here they are VERY nice for the money. I just have a problem buying a scope without actually seeing one for myself.
Top Top