Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 8:02:21 PM EDT
I have read multiple threads but still can not find the answer. I just got a Colt M4 flat top receiver. I installed a 14-1/2" Colt barrel on it and mounted the Ta01nsn. Every time I look through the scope I see a shadow of the front sight base which seems to interfere with my sight picture from time to time. Is this normal? Is the front sight post supposed to be directly in line with the ta01nsn mounted directly to the flat top with its adapter?? I recently had a compact acog on a handle mount receiver and there was no cheek weld and crummy eye relief so I switched to this. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, this is normal.  The front sight post should just be a faint blur that you have to look for to see.  It should be at the very bottom of the sight picture and away from the crosshairs.  If it really bothers you, you might try looking at a fold down front sight.

Ray
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, nothing wrong with your setup. Mine was the same...Until I got hold of the PRI fold down front.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
yep same here- got the PRI

I couldn't stand the ghost of the front sight.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I originally had a TA51 mount and then went to a ARM19ACOG the ARMS raises the scope a little but you still can see the post,But just not as much as with the TA51.............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to everyone who replied. Now I gotta know what a pri front sight is and where to get one. Thanks, W
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Check with Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url]

[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/mstn/prisight.jpg[/img]

It replaces your standard gas block front sight.  easy to install and a great piece of gear.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Govt,

Since you have chosen the TA01 NSN, some here (including myself) have replaced the NSN's back-up sights with the Docter Optik/Optima 2000 holosight.

This is what the mount looks like:

[img]http://www.specwargear.com/images/saleboard-OptimaDocter%202.jpg [/img]

The sight mounted on the NSN:

[img]http://www.specwargear.com/images/saleboard-O-D%205.jpg[/img]

The mount is $55 (plus shipping). To [i]inquire about availability[/i], go here:

[url=http://www.specwargear.com/specwargear%20sale.html]SpecwarGear[/url]

and [b][i]send them an e-mail[/i]......[/b]

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

.......And isn't specwargear out of those mounts?
View Quote

Ricker,

You gotta e-mail them about availability. They were out-of-stock when I contacted them, but, they get new mounts in periodically. I inquired on a monday or tuesday and had a new mount from them on wednesday of the very next week.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Will these only work on the TA01 NSN or will they also work on my TA01?........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an optima mount from specwar. I'll let it go for $50. I bought it when I thought I was going to get the TA01NSN, but I ordered the TA 31 instead.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to Highjack,,,,But Troy why do you feel the TA01 is better than the Ta01nsn? I thought the only difference is the Backup irons on the NSN........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top