Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/22/2003 5:19:10 PM EDT
I am looking for a 1 piece picatinny rail base for my Remington 700 SA, and I came across Ken Farrell's site. He has something that fits the bill for $50, compared to $100+ for comparable offerings from PRI, Leupold, IOR, etc. Is anybody familiar with the quality of his products?

TIA,
fiz
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:26:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2003 5:28:22 PM EDT by SHIVAN]
The old design, as in NOT THE CURRENT DESIGN, had some issues with sheering the screws that held the base on and leaving the owner with a screw extraction job on the receiver. The [b]new design[/b] I have used on my 700PSS and 700 Sendero are made better, machined to what apparently is a closer spec, and use a stronger strength screw. I have one 20MOA canted setting downstairs for a long action that I would use again in a heartbeat. If there is any fear that the base does not mate to the receiver properly, it should be bedded per Farrell's instructions. They can be had cheaper at Sinclair, like $39+shipping IIRC. Ed
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:39:23 PM EDT
Thanks for the info & the tip on the [url=http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=06-2X&type=store]Sinclair[/url], Ed. They are indeed $38.50 + $6.75 shipping; I just ordered one.
Top Top