Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 7:12:48 AM EDT
While I have been beating the eye relief issue to death, was wonder if anyone has much trigger time using the ACOGs on full auto and if the shorter eye relief of the TA31 (or TA01 NSN) is an issue vs. the TA11?

As one of my host applications for the time being is a HBAR (aka "poor mans" LMG upper), experiences from any SAW gunners would also be of interest alone with the more typical M4 or M16A2/A3/A4 usage.

Because of the interaction of stock and mounting, would be interested in knowing what type stock and mounting (carry handle vs. flat top) was use with the ACOGs.

Due to the dual nature of the this question, have also made a Cross Posting on M16 Full Auto Board

Thanks
John

Background: While in theory there are limits on the tactical usage of aimed full auto fire from light weapons outside close ranges or for suppressive fire, my applications is for a longer range (20 to 300 yards this year) version of a subgun match using rifles (for some reason the MP5 owners do not want to shoot at over 100 yards .....).

What I find interesting, is doing this one slowly finds out that there are "limited uses of full auto fire at a distance" from a light weapon .... which is maybe why the John Browning made his so heavy
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top