Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2003 5:40:55 AM EDT
Can ayone comment on the dot in the aimpoit sight? I have a slight stigmatism and I've looked through cheaper (not a slam) Tasco dot type sights and the dot looks red but quite ragged around the outside and appears not to be uniformally circular at times (not a dot, kind of like looking at a star in the sky twinkling). I haven't had the opportunity of peering through an Aimpoint. Is the dot a 'red circle dot'as in the advertized picture or a a dot with ragged edge...or is it just my eye causing the whole problem? I have a Leupy 4.5.x14 w/ill reticle and dont have any problems.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:46:28 AM EDT
I've noticed exactly the same. Have you looked from a light room into the dark? That's the situation when it appears most obviously for me. As far as I know it's a mistake of the eyes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:19:09 AM EDT
If you have the brightness turned way up on an Aimpoimt it looks a bit ragged, but when it adjusted correctly it is clean circle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 10:47:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:33:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2003 12:37:15 PM EDT by imposter]
My Aimpoint grows a tail in poor light due to my astigmatism. If I turn the intensity down, it will almost go away. The Eotech dot also does this, but it is not as big of a deal because the big 65 MOA circle does not distort. The bigger the recticle, the less problems you will have.
Top Top