Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2003 5:40:55 AM EDT
Can ayone comment on the dot in the aimpoit sight?  I have a slight stigmatism and I've looked through cheaper (not a slam) Tasco dot type sights and the dot looks red but quite ragged around the outside and appears not to be uniformally circular at times (not a dot, kind of like looking at a star in the sky twinkling).  I haven't had the opportunity of peering through an Aimpoint.  Is the dot a 'red circle dot'as in the advertized picture or a a dot with ragged edge...or is it just my eye causing the whole problem?  I have a Leupy 4.5.x14 w/ill reticle and dont have any problems.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I've noticed exactly the same. Have you looked from a light room into the dark? That's the situation when it appears most obviously for me. As far as I know it's a mistake of the eyes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have the brightness turned way up on an Aimpoimt it looks a bit ragged, but when it adjusted correctly it is clean circle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My Aimpoint grows a tail in poor light due to my astigmatism.  If I turn the intensity down, it will almost go away.

The Eotech dot also does this, but it is not as big of a deal because the big 65 MOA circle does not distort.  The bigger the recticle, the less problems you will have.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top