Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 7:35:49 PM EDT
I am building a space gun for highpower on a A-4 flat-top. I have seen several rear sights in the $250 to $300 range and am not sure which one to buy. Any help and experiences would be helpful. Any for sale?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
He is shooting highpower and asking about iron sights.  Highpower is NOT 3 gun nor even similar.  I am not a highpower shooter so I cant help but please dont tell the guy to use somethng he cant use for his intended purposes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
RPA, or if you can find one, Redfield. They both have excellent reputations in the HP community.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Check this site out ,

http://www.long-range.com/

go to National Match link
Or even better  check out that damn jarehead Lew
@ Tippie Competition he'll steer you right sales service AWESOME    SEMPER FI   LEW

I'm not related to him or connected with him in any way,,xcpt for serving in Uncle Sams...

sorry,,forgot the link
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a space gun?  I'm pretty sure you don't write your name on the moon with it, but that's really all that comes to my little mind.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]
They are intended to shoot like a laser....

here's a good page where you can get a picture of what they generally look like plus it links to builders of other high power guns.

[url]http://www.competitionshooting.com/pages/708565/index.htm[/url]

Builders like Sierra Precision Rifles, Fulton, and then the other custom builders like Hollinger or Compass Lake.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Spaceguns ar used in NRA sponsered Match Rifle Competition,as opposed to Service Rifle being a
rifle that was issued to armed services army ,navy,air force,coast guard ,MARINES.
M1 Garand,M14/M1A1,M16/AR15,
The space gun is a highly tricked out rifle,like the Tubb 2000.
check the links I posted earlier in this thread

SEMPER FI
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Space gun [match rifle] Colt Hbar lower, Jewel trigger, 24" SS Rock River Heavy barrel, A-4 upper, with Redfield Palma rear sights, large
olympic front sight. Weighs about 20 lbs. Excellent shooter, needs someone to pull the trigger with more consitant results than I am able to do. I was able to keep 1" MOA at 600 yds [sometimes] sometimes less with 80gr nosler
and 25 gr of Varget. Sometimes the wind had things to say about group size.

This is what I mean By Space gun.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top