Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2003 2:36:43 PM EDT
The aimpoint cover thread got me thinking about protecting ACOG lenses. How do you folks protect your ACOG lenses (but not taking too much time taking the cover off)

I think KillFLASH ARD is good but some folks have said it will be rather dark if I use it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:38:38 PM EDT
I use the supplied ScopeCoat that came with it. Unfortunately there's no way to put flip caps on them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2003 1:58:14 PM EDT by ChuckJaxFL]
I'm looking at getting a TA50-2 soon. I was thinking about this exact topic. Does anyone see any reason why one couldn't throw on this killflash: [url]http://www.camouflage.com/pdf/cag1_ard_data.pdf[/url] and put on a 1.5" Butler Creek flipcap right on the killflash? I don't know the OD of the rear of the scope. Butler Creek has flipcaps as small as 1.00"... can someone measure their compact & let me know?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 11:14:30 AM EDT
Maybe I'm begging for trouble, but I let my ACOG go nekkid. I'd be interested in flip-up caps like I have on my PSS' Leupold, but anything less just doesn't excite me. I do make sure I clean my ACOG with a Leupold lens pen before I put the weapon away. I think that right there puts me ahead of the scratch prevention curve.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 11:17:00 AM EDT
With the number of these that are out there, why doesn't Butler Creek make some flip caps?
Top Top