Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2003 12:49:41 AM EDT
I am considering the purchase of either the eotech entry level sight or the bushnell holosight.  I would probably not take advantage of the hood on the eotech.  I'm just wondering if the holosight is build to the same quality standards..?

Thanks for the info
Fidel
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I did the same thing.  Mainly because I got mine for $175.  I would guess that they are pretty close except for the Night Vision models.  I think the field of view might be a little better also, becuase you don't have the hood blocking your view.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a gen2 Holosight a couple years back. I've used it on a couple .308 carbines (currently on my AR10) and on an 11-87 12g slug gun. It is a good sight.

If money weren't an issue, I would probably opt for the latest revision Eotech which uses double A batteries (cheaper and longer life than N batteries). I also like the controls on the latest Eotech better. However, the Holosight is a fine sight as is.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a very early gen I holo with a 3-d "
"Archery" reticule.  i love it.  i keep trying to talk myself into a new EO-Tech but they have the circle dot and not the ghost ring CD like mine.  i like it.  it's on my "best rifle".
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'm gonna go for the holosight.  Just gotta wait for one to come around.

Thanks for all the input.
Fidel
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as you're not going to smash the sight against brick walls, its plenty durable.

I personally decided that I would just feel better with the EoTech and its armored hood. Plus the new rev. E buttons on the 551 and 552 are nicer, but if its just a comparison to the entry level EoTechs and the Holo, then that doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Price...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top