Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 9:10:44 AM EDT
What is the battery life on a DR optic assuming the hood is removed and the sight is set out where it will see night/ day  (IE always adjusting in a normal light situation.)

There are no published battery life figures.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Well my optima is on the original batt that went to afganistan with me the hood stayed off about 50% of the time I was there and its still working left in Jan so 8+ month and going strong!!!
      FREE
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
good to hear.

I am hoping for enough to withstand a 6month deployment without changing batteries with the hood off near 100% of the time. Unless it rains. Then the hood will probably go on.

The only problem with the design is that it requires removal for battery replacement after which it is highly unlikely that the sight will retain it's zero. And probably unlikely that I will have a chance to re-zero after removal.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top