Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 1:40:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2003 3:26:34 PM EDT by amuroray]
Eotech as backup weapon sight.

From www.militaryphotos.net/
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:14:07 AM EDT
Ive seen this before. You use the ACOG on top as normal but if you need something quick, you flip the rifle port side up aqnd shoot with the EoTech. I think the new EoTech/Aimpiont in front of the nsn ACOG is a better solution, but this gets the job done as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:46:35 AM EDT
That thing must weigh 25 lbs. He's humping ALOT of gear.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:49:53 AM EDT
I think this setup is just a little bit fancy & bulky . The same task can be accomplished with a less intrusive Docter or Optima sight , or , at least , with the good tritium ghost ring on top of the TA01NSN . Just my opinion, PP out
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:37:26 AM EDT
I dunno...there's something about this pic (other than the 2 right-hand flag patches) that just doesn't seem right.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:14:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2003 10:15:41 AM EDT by FREEFALLE6]
Yea I liked my Optima it served me well. Now was far as weight, after body armor,ammo,frags,radio,nods and water there is no way I would want a EOTech on my rifle, 1 lb vs 1 ounce, plus the Opitma battery lasts 12+ months and is always on. The EOTech has to be turned on and you have limited batt life (70 hour I think don't quote me) and im assuming the Eotech will be used in an emergency during a firefight do you really what to have to turn on your sight in a firefight?? I think not. Also you get sick of all that equipment really fast when your humping up and down them mountains and if you can help it you avoid anything that adds weight. But then again its alot lighter than humping that Barret. FREE
Originally Posted By PincoPalla: I think this setup is just a little bit fancy & bulky . The same task can be accomplished with a less intrusive Docter or Optima sight , or , at least , with the good tritium ghost ring on top of the TA01NSN . Just my opinion, PP out
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:30:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2003 12:33:46 PM EDT by Einrich]
Red x here, someone get this man some hosting! edit: nm, I turned off Proxomitron and it works now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:56:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2003 6:59:25 PM EDT by tivoli410]
I'm no sure about this 'turn weapon to the side and fire' thing. Looks like the mag in the mag-cinch would block out the EO's screen or most of it. My theory is he just has it on there for the daytime and he's not using the AN/PVS-14 NVM and AN/PEQ-2 at night. (would switch out AN/PVS-14NVM with EOtech) But who knows. sure does have a lot of gear... [edited] What do you think that rifle is painted with? Bowflage?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:58:15 PM EDT
There's another thread on this here somewhere from over the weekend. My theory on it is that while it's possible that he could use it in the fashion he's got it set up I wonder if he's not carrying it there as an auxiliary mounting position instead of an actual use position. I've seen pictures of some soldiers placing their removable carry handles on the off side of the RAS there and perhaps this individual has opted to do the same only with his EOTech.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:36:06 AM EDT
Top Top