Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2003 6:52:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2003 6:56:03 PM EDT by tivoli410]
Alright, after doing a little homework on NV used by the military etc. I *think* I have figured out what each of the following is/does, correct me if I am wrong. Plus, any other NV info is welcome!!

AN/PVS-4 NVD
- NV scope
- Aids in sighting/aiming
- Very bulky
- One of the first

AN/PVS-14 NVM
- NV monocular, mounts on M4/M16
- Does not aid in sighting/aiming

AN/PAQ-4C
- NV aiming laser
- To be used with NV goggles

AN/PEQ-4
- NV flashlight
- NV aiming laser
- To be used with NV goggles

These are the things that I have found, and they might be wrong so if anyone can please help me out. Plus, I might have seen other IR lasers such as AN/PEQ-2, AN/PAQ-2?? Did I make this up or do they exist? If so what makes them different than the PAQ-4C and PEQ-4?

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:37:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:09:18 AM EDT
People get confuse with the letters but its PAC-4C and PEQ-2 The first is the pointer the second is the pointer/illuminator. Also there is the PVS7 which has one objective lens and covers both eyes. This is your goggle while the 14 is the monocular. Now we have the PVS18 (esentially a waterproofed 14 type device) and the PVS 17 which is a compact/waterproofed dedicated mini scope. (well its not so mini really)
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:52:51 AM EDT
Thanks, I thought I got most of it right but had to make sure. Now the NV goggles are my next step to understand. Anybody who has more NV devices that I should know chime in.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:05:30 AM EDT
The PEQ-4 is a Laser Target Marker/pointer. It is normally used for air strikes its other name is the IZLID.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:05:57 AM EDT
you can mount a PVS 14 to the rail behind an aimpoint or EO tech sight and use it for aiming. I think Remington sells a product called a monoloc NVD mount that clips a PVS 14 directly to the EO and thus doesn't need the mount to the rail.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:25:54 AM EDT
I thought the monoloc went behind a traditional scope.
Top Top