Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 8:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2003 3:30:34 PM EDT by StarLynx]
I'm about to order an IOR IOR4-14x50 Side Focus Tactical Scope.It was between the IOR & a Leupold 4.5-14x50mm M1 Long Range Mil Dot Matte #54560.Has Anybody had any experience with both??Thanks for any info..
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:33:09 PM EDT
The only bad news I have heard about IOR optics is if you need service your scope has to be sent out the US. I have a Leupold 3.5-10X40 LR M1 mil dot that I am very happy with and comforted in the fact that if anything goes wrong with it Leupold will stand by the product.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:51:38 PM EDT
Yes sir...Couldn't agree with ya more on that fact...I wonder if there is that much diff in the glass??..Same?..better??..I sure like the ret choice on the IOR..:-)
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:04:46 PM EDT
I was leaning hard toward an IOR awhile back. Some info on one of the sniper-type forums discouraged me enough to get the M3 LR, but I'm still interested. There were a coupla negative customer svc issues and one guy talked about them having outdated mechanics. Something about brass gears that chewed themselves up over time, I'm sorry I don't have more details. In any case, I got the Gen 2 reticle from Premier (the whole scope and mounts actually) and have been happy with it. If I get another scope tho, I think I will try the IOR next time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:16:10 PM EDT
Mucho thanks for the info,Guys!...Well...I decided to go ahead & take my shot & popp'd the $777.90 for the IOR 4x15-50mm Side FocusTac Scope with the MP8 ret.I know..I know..But I just gotta try it..:-)..A co workerbuddy has the comparable Leupold (#54560 I believe)I'll get back withh Ya'll..& see which one kicks the other's ass...with a look see...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:30:13 AM EDT
The IOR Valdada warranty / repair facility is in Littleton, CO. Whomever thought they had to be sent out of the country was incorrect. StarLyns, who had the 4 - 14 x50 with Side Focus for $777. It sounds like they gave you the new model scope at the old Adjustable Objective price. Need to jump on that before they realize their mistake. :-)
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:27:00 PM EDT
Yup..RG..I confirmed that it was the new side focus IOR..I got turned on to this little shop by a realiable source...& was a little bit reluctant till I checked it out..Iwas going with the Leupold till I got his prices..He has some of the Illuminated Glass in stock ( Mine is the Non Illum)Email me & I'll send you his price list or His Email. I talked to him for awhile before I ordered...Real Nice guy. BTW...I checked on the warranty thing & you are absolutely correct on the Colorado Repair Facility. Stay Safer!
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:41:10 PM EDT
StarLynx, grab that side focus at that price. That design scope has only been on the market a month or so, it is a total design upgrade from the earlier AO design. The side focus retails for around $999 and the place with the best priceson the web has it for $895 or so. I think this guy got shipped the new style scope and never checked his price list for increases. You are getting over this time. :-)
Top Top