Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 12:44:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2003 3:32:14 PM EDT by Markbo]
I have a 16" OLY SUM upper with an ARMS Buis rear and DPMS folding unit front. I would prefer to leave them mounted, but want to mount a scope for more pinpoint accuracy too.

Can anyone recommend a removeable/return to zero mount for this flat top? I know I will have to play with the fore and aft positioning to keep the BUIS. I don't really need a QD unit, i.e. screw type should be good

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:16:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:43:02 AM EDT
Probably not what you are looking for, but an Arms#38, Armalite one piece mount, and a Weaver K6-W work together nicely. I believe the height of the "wideview" occular bell on the weaver is shorter than a standard circular bell, allowing clearnace for the BUIS on the #38. This may work with other "wideview" scopes but you'd have to check and see. Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:01:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2003 3:32:53 PM EDT by Markbo]
Thanks for the leads guys. I might check into ARMS QD rings too. DO you know if the GG&G MAD Buis will be the same image heigth as the ARMS so that I don't have to zero? Just curious. G-Code... did you have to use tall rings to make that Weaver fit? If so, whose?
Top Top