Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2003 12:33:12 PM EDT
I finally(!!!) got the SC4 mount for my OKO sight so that I could cowitness the BUIS'.

Once I got them both on, I did some shooting at 50 yards. This is a 4 MOA red dot. Once I got it on target (not the easiest since there is no click aadjustment... just screws), I was right on the bull at 50.

Then I shot 3 different loads and though the heavier stuff went into smaller groups (16" OLY SUM upper), I managed to keep all the shots in the 2-3" range.

This is my first time shooting a red dot on a rifle. How's my shooting?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:58:05 PM EDT
For just getting used to the idea of the dot-type sight, I'd say not too bad. The best part is, you'll get better with practice.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2003 8:21:07 PM EDT by 2Manchu]
Hell yeah, brother!! Got my SC4, too! Got hooked up through Cory at Adrenaline Arms. Anyway, 2-3" ain't bad. Were you shooting rested from a bench, or off-hand?? Edited to add that I usually get about 1-2" at 100-meters with my Oly CAR97M4 with LC, sand-bagged on a bench. All other loads I've tried so far tend to group about 2-3" except PMC which gives about 4".
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:05:13 AM EDT
Yeah Cory hooked me up too. That shooting was with a sand bag on the front only. I noticed too that it was difficult to keep both eyes open because I wasn't wearing a hat and the sun was shining right into me. I hope with that little change alone I will improve. I was surprised with this 1:8 twist that the heavier 69g bullets grouped the best. I am going to do some better testing once I find a good mount for a scope.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:38:59 PM EDT
More you shoot the better you will get!
Top Top