Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2003 6:09:37 PM EDT
How much longer must we wait for EOTech to start using ARMS throw levers on their sights??? This should be a no-brainer, and hopefully in the works!

Any other supporters out there?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:43:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 2:39:52 AM EDT
I would settle for a really low single throw lever ARMS mount made for use with the Eotech. Something along the lines of the ARMS 19S, only low (thin) enough that the Eotech would still co-witness.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:05:21 AM EDT
thats the only thing that has keep me from replacing my all my aimpoints is the mounting options, I really like a throw lever mount
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:17:50 AM EDT
Am I the only one who thinks ARMS throw levers are a pain in the A$$. I can never get the cross bars to line up and get the little sheet metel tab over the rail at the same time. And if every thing does not line up just right they bind. I went back to my TA51 ACOG mount because I had such fits with the 19. Maybee I'm a retard but that's my $.02.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:38:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By inkaybee: Am I the only one who thinks ARMS throw levers are a pain in the A$$. I can never get the cross bars to line up and get the little sheet metel tab over the rail at the same time. And if every thing does not line up just right they bind. I went back to my TA51 ACOG mount because I had such fits with the 19. Maybee I'm a retard but that's my $.02.
View Quote
My experience is that if you put the side of the mount with the metal tab(s) on the rail first, making sure that the tabs grab the rail, then you can rotate the mount down so that it is flat on the rail. That way you don't have to worry about the tab(s) while you line up the cross bar(s).
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:52:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By inkaybee: Am I the only one who thinks ARMS throw levers are a pain in the A$$.
View Quote
Yes. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:15:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By inkaybee: Maybee I'm a retard but that's my $.02.
View Quote
No comment.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:22:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15fan: I would settle for a really low single throw lever ARMS mount made for use with the Eotech. Something along the lines of the ARMS 19S, only low (thin) enough that the Eotech would still co-witness.
View Quote
Exactly! Why doesn't ARMS get off their A$$ and make this happen? Thier #54 sucks as it's too high. I looked into making my own with an ARMS #17 base but can't find a rail the right size to bolt onto it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 12:05:19 AM EDT
EOTech has a wide body configuration, the throw lever had to be positioned way out to clear the sight structure. This has been tried but a new base on the EOTech has to be redeisgn to accommdate the throw lever. something might be in the works but no in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 12:14:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2003 12:14:31 AM EDT by TREETOP]
Top Top