Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 4:30:02 PM EDT
Does anybody here still use the iron sights that came standard on your rifle. Seems like everybody is using red dots. Are iron sights still effective? Just being a smartass......any body still use just the irons?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:43:39 PM EDT
Of course! They are without a doubt the best sights ever made. Infinite battery life - nearly impossible to break - I wouldn't take a weapon out to play without one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:46:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: Of course! They are without a doubt the best sights ever made. Infinite battery life - nearly impossible to break - I wouldn't take a weapon out to play without one.
View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:50:14 PM EDT
I love the iron sights. In fact, I changed out the factory A3 upper reciever on my new Bushmaster for an A1 upper reciever. Because I decided that I like iron sights more than optics. The things that make iron sights great is using XS Sights with trituim inserts for night and a bold white dot for day time. And the XS Sights uses a larger short-range aperture that is great for for quick sight acquiring.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:02:58 AM EDT
Irons are the shiznet!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:13:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By prone: Does anybody here still use the iron sights that came standard on your rifle. Seems like everybody is using red dots. Are iron sights still effective? Just being a smartass......any body still use just the irons?
View Quote
I keep 'em on the gun for backup only. They can't compare to the speed of an EoTech for close in acquisition or a scope for long range.
Top Top