Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2003 1:30:41 PM EDT
At what range would you zero an Eotec mounted directly to the flat top with a 16" 1:7 Brl shooting M193ammo, and why?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
50 yard zero.

3 inch low at CQB, 3 inch high at 100, dead on at 250 and about six inches low at 300 forme shooting the Q3131a USA ammo.

I can repeatedly hit 300m torso size steel with ease.  the 50 yard zero gives the best and flattest trajectory for carbine size AR.  

Everyone have a theory on how to do things and some work and some don't. this is just what works for me.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I also have a 16" 1:7 barrel and I zeroed my 552 exactly as SMGLee described.

Works great!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm nearly the same as the first two posters above me w/ my Bushmaster Mforgery.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Obtained ballistic tables from my Sierra software.  
Laminated the cut down tables and attached them to weapon systems.

I set the weapon systems up with the iron sight zero because I know the ballistics at close range for the Eotechs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Another 50yd zero.

16" 1:9 with EOTech.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I'll try the 50 meter zero.  The local indoor range is 25M, so thats what I sighted in for today. With a 50M zero where to you hit at the 25M line?

Today was my first time trying the Eotech. I have an older Bushnell Holosight II, which has been on a couple ARs, and M1A, and currently resides on a 10/22. Something i noticed with the Eotech is the protective hood is distracting. Actually its the gap between the sight and the hood that I find distracting. The Holosight II doesnt have this, so it wasnt an issue.

When firing close range double taps I did notice i had faster split times if i focuseed on the outer ring rather than the center dot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
the 50 yd. zero is 1.2" low at 25 yards, according to info posted on this forum.  since i work at a 25 yard indoor range and its too damn hot to go outside and zero at 50, this is where i zero in until i can confirm at 50 (and beyond...)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top