Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 11:50:29 PM EDT
www.msnbc.com/news/846463.asp

Go to picture 19 in "August in Iraq." If I'm not mistaken, that is a POS BSA red dot optic. My question is... WTF?!?!

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:25:33 AM EDT
i think you are right!! WTF, over?!?! He isn't wearing the sling either. Maybe its airsoft,hehehehe. Seriously, maybe he felt the need to grab some extra equipment before going over there. I don't know to many wealthy GI's that have families and such AND can drop money fast for an Aimpoint. Hopefully the BSA is just protecting the top rail. Anyway, bless him for being other there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:39:25 AM EDT
[img]http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/171/983/inline/f_030807_jordan_.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:10:23 AM EDT
Ive seen everything from BSA's, to C-more's to old Colt 4x's on GI guns from the middle-east. One gets the impression theres a shortage of suitable optics.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:57:33 AM EDT
I see this stuff all the time.. It seems somewhere that there must be some really great sales person to "say" i have the latest and greatest,and it made this certain way. I have yet to see any red dot test on same rifles go through the same rigors side by side..... If you think for one second that our gun rags arent paid off to adverstise and money doesnt exchange pockets for a favorable review, your nuts Now look I have all name brand googahs on my weapons but personally I was real close to buying a BSA red dot just because i am in love with there Varmint scopes. It functions well is bright has other adds etc. nothing wrong with it at all. Plus if it breaks BFD there goes 30 in cash
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:05:04 AM EDT
There is a shortage of optics on TO/Es. The army being much better than the Marines on the issue and even they only give optics to certain MOSs, everyone else if they want one has to buy it themselves. Allot of members or the military aren't gun guys so, they may just not know better. Since one dot sight (or for that matter scope) looks and acts allot the others while sitting in a gun shop, unless they are told, they have nothing other to go on is the cost.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:07:24 AM EDT
STLRN is right. I saw guy's with M4's in IRAQ with the cheap chinese copies of the Colt carry handle copy scopes. I did ask myself WTF? But then you got to remember some folks, like myself, provided their own optics to enhance their lethality. The military is funny about certain things. I had unlimited access to plugger batteries (a very expensive battery) but couldn't find any M68 batteries while in the field. Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:00:28 PM EDT
John We always thought batteries would be a hard thing, so we stock piled and horded like there was no tommorrow, in the end we never had a battery problem. Fuel, food and ammo on the other hand were always and issue.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:30:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:40:50 PM EDT
There's a shortage of m4's and m16's. You think they have enough optics?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:43:25 PM EDT
BSA RULZ !!! Woohooo !!! Makes me feel a little better about my Tasco on mine. Bet all those guys with ACOG's are jealous now.... [:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:23:46 AM EDT
I have an ACOG I'm not jealous. I bet the BSA red dot works OK as long as it doesn't loose it's zero and that way he doesn't have to use the killflash. HAHA. I've owned BSA scopes and quality is poor ajustments don't work very well if at all and the optics are dim and not very clear. Your TASCO is WAY better than BSA. [b]I wonder what the battery life on that is? Oh well it gives me some hope for bringing my toys on deployment[/b]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:56:19 PM EDT
GreenO If your heading down range get what you want for your weapon. I took a M68 setup for the M16A2 and a setup for the SAW. Knew that the Army would not equip me properly. Once in the field your screwed. Get what you want or need ahead of MOBING.
Top Top